Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tux! Success!

Today was our "preview" for our different tux choices and it was so easy for Kyle.  The store was pretty chaotic with people picking up tuxes for weddings today and getting measured and brides and grooms picking out what they wanted for their previews and wedding so we were pretty much on our own and had to get him in his tux and all set up. 

We decided that we didn't want a black tux (too formal) and we didn't want tan (too informal) so we went with a gray.  Kyle had to try on both a light and a dark gray but it was a clear, easy win when he put on the dark gray.  It just looked sharp and since it is a night wedding it fit with the time of day more.

Oddly enough the hardest decision was the tie and the vest and I swear our consultant probably wanted to murder me.  But we decided on a paisley tie (looks soooo good) and a dotted vest.  But we swear the tux was not made for a vest because you cannot even see it when the jacket is buttoned.   But when you take off the jacket the vest and tie look really good together. 

Of course the event was not complete without me "embarrassing" Kyle by pulling up his pants and telling him the needed to be pulled up.  And after he scolded me, the consultant scolded him because his pants were not high enough (not as his waist) and he didn't have all the buttons on his vest buttoned.  I just may have to have him do a spin for my father to ensure he is put together 100%. 

But I am REALLY happy with the final outcome.  I think that the gray will look really good next to my girl's navy and that the gray will fit with the night wedding and not too formal idea we have.  ....Now to get all the guys measured and tux orders in.

Countdown: 161 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment