Wednesday, October 26, 2011

worst bride-to-be ever. :)

my most favorite store ever is anthropologie.  I love everything about that place. their clothes. their housewares. their kitchen goodies. so when I discovered myregistry.com and found out I could make a registry of stuff  I wanted from stores that do not have registries I was way past excited.  and of course I stalk my registry to see what has been bought (not a lot but some) and what is no longer in stock or out of season (so I can delete it off) and to see what is on sale.

well – I was on anthropologie’s website earlier and noticed that 3 of the things I want/love and adore are on sale.  Meaning = good prices so they won’t last long.  Meaning = by the time showers start and by the time people start buying wedding gifts they will be gone and we cannot have them.  Therefore, I did want any “logical” bride to be would do.  Polled the audience.  And my Facebook friends (that are married) said it was perfectly acceptable to buy myself things off my registry.

Purchase #1.  This amazingly amazing bowl.  I saw it in the store and had to have it.  And the best part is that it was only $30 and it is normally $bowl58.  So that’s not quite 50% off but it is darn close.  I think our fruit would look so super cute in it. And I am sure I could use it for all sorts of things if we ever entertained or if I was asked to bring something like potato salad to some sort of event.  Who knows.  Obviously, I wanted it and I will find many uses for it. 

 

Purchase #2. The matching drink jug thing.  This one is a little bit of a stretch and Kyle really will wonder what we will do with it and when we will use it but I will find a use for it.  I wanted it tjugo match the bowl for “entertaining” purposes.  Granted.  I know Kyle and I don’t entertain a lot. but seriously, I will find a use for it.  But I can put Kool Aid in it.  Or Iced Coffee.  And you never know.  My friends are starting to have babies and I may have to throw a baby shower.  Seriously, you just never know. 

Purchase #3:  This was the most logical purchase out of the three. Trivets.  We only have 1 and it is more decoration than anything but every time I make cheese dip or spinach dip or anything hot I have to remodel our kitchen to get at it so I was telling Kyle we needed (and I wanted more). trivets And when I saw these at Antho I wanted them. Then. But I put them on the registry and now they’re $15 (originally $29) for a set of two.  And they’re cute. And will totally be used because they will not go out of style. 

But I feel kinda bad for buying things off my registry already, but if there is anything that anyone knows about me it is that when I want something I WANT something and knowing that they’re on sale and will disappear means I have to just jump on it.  Plus the likelihood of people buying me things from Anthropologie is slim to none – so I also put some of my “wants” on my Christmas list that I gave Kyle (items like the butter dish and the measuring cups).  But don’t you worry your pretty little head… if and when her gets me those I will take them off my registry so people don’t buy me duplicates.

Hopefully…. this is the last me buying myself gifts I do prior to the wedding.  I am the worst bride to be ever. 

1 comment:

  1. That pitcher begs for sangria on a low-budget girls' afternoon at home. Or sweet tea during an Alabama game :)

    Adorable purchases!!

    ReplyDelete