Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Life oh Life.

A few weeks back Big Peach mentioned a free 5k in their little email newsletter and since I have told myself that when I run I am running nothing less than the 5k distance I thought this would be a great little training run.  I was pumped.  I was excited.  I planned my day out perfectly.  I skipped my lunch break so I could get out early and try to beat some of that awful awful Peach Pass traffic that jacks up 285 then life and work happened.

And by the time I hit 285, I knew I had at the minimum 1 hour to just go like 10 miles.... but I had to go further than 10 miles.  I had to get to Decatur.  And I knew it would not happen.  So I ranted to Kyle on the phone about my bad day and fed my brother's cats and then put on my shoes and ran on my own.

bad days make for the best run days.  they're mind clearing.  calming.  let you think.  let you get the frusterations and the annoyances out.  i just lose myself in my pace and my steps and my music.   i would say i need more bad days but i hate bad days.   but i do need more runs.

so it sucks i missed the free 5k, but i do have a real structured 5k on Saturday so I will knock that on out.  And life goes on...

...but i happier non-running related news.  My Erin Condren planner came and I am in love. love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment