Thursday, October 13, 2011

three things thursday.

just getting closer and closer to becoming a shanahan. but I can tell you it feels great to be stress-free and carefree. despite the constant wedding nightmares that tend to freak me out.
1.  Kyle and I are finalizing the tuxes this weekend! =D  We know the color we are just deciding on the shade this weekend and then the other little details.  I am actually REALLY excited to see Kyle all dressed up in a tux.  And seeing that none of the guys have gone to get fitted yet and need to be by 11.23.11 the panic is beginning to set in just a little bit.  Seeing that my girls had MONTHS  to get their dresses and I was reminding people after the deadline I think this is gonna be messy.  Oi.
2. I am still wondering about this aisle situation. white_flowers_719_10_m I do really like something small and simple like this, but I do not like them hanging.  So maybe they can be on the ground?  Like next to each row or every other row.  I do not know.  I wish I could see it before committing.  But I do really really like how simple and romantic it is.  I love white simple flowers and I LOVE hydrangeas.  But, I do not like the green accent.  I wonder if the florist could do something light blue or instead.  I guess that is a conversation for the flower appointment which is only a few weeks off.  Yipee.
3.  So when we talk about aisle it makes me also think about the actual reception and I am thinking (and need to talk to the venue about this) that it would be phenomenal if we could reuse some of the ceremony pieces for the reception.   But I do not want the guest to watch the ceremony site still being set up and I am sure the photographer will want to get shots on the ceremony site untouched.  But … if we did those small little centerpieces, they could go on the tall boy tables and the gift table or the candy buffet table or the guest book table with cute little tea light candles surrounding the arrangement … wherever they would fit.  You know?  But I would not want our guests to see the reception site being set up / flowers being moved there and those flowers would probably be needed for pictures.  But… we won’t be by the ceremony site for all the pictures so the venue people could take them then.  Right?  This is me talking out loud.  ….I will be going to the flower appointment with a zillion and one questions. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment