Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday :: Wedding & Life

Long story short - I have like a million and one things to share but I guess I will have to condense this down into 3 of the most important. life altering. exciting things that have happened so far this week.
how stinking cute is the brick building
that houses the wonderfulness that is Rosebud.
1.  My bridesmaid brunch is officially 100% booked!  We have the smaller wine room reserved for 11:30 AM on Friday the 23rd.  I went to Rosebud for a client brunch one weekend and died over the amazing food.  When I basically was told by our wedding venue that I lunch was out of the question due to the rehearsal being in the afternoon I decided to do a brunch and knew just the spot.  Rosebud is an amazing little Atlanta spot, just outside of The Highlands - this place is white table cloth but not white table cloth - funky and fun without being formal - with fabulous food and drinks.  And I am super stoked about having our own little room so it will be more private for me and my fabulous girls.  Seriously.  Knocking things off the to do list.  ...And if you're in Atlanta and have not eaten here, you're missing out - but don't forget to make your reservations - this place fills up fast on the weekends.  But yum. Seriously.
2.   I have always been a day planner type person, I like to write things down. Visualize. Highlight. Make to do lists around my week (and cross things off). But this year I decided to embrace the electronic world that is 2011 and keep my life on my Blackberry calendar.  BIG MISTAKE.  I have missed birthdays, anniversaries, if it was important...  yeah, I probably missed it.    So I made the executive decision to go back to the ways of old and carry a planner planner in 2012 - but just not any planner and Erin Condren planner (and I actually got the rest of 2011 free).  These have been all the rave of Mom's and Teachers and since I am pretty much a Mom (of 2 precious furbabies!!) with a crazy life that goes in 5 directions and since I love all things customizable and bright - I broke down and bought one (and customized it Navy and Light Pink ... I almost did Navy & Light Purple *hello wedding*).  And it came in the mail yesterday and it was packaged so beautifully but the actual final product is the gorgeousness and I am in love with a planner.  I even got a few for people as christmas presents I love them so much.  Je Adore. 
3.  We have roommates.  And not the kind that are your friends who move to the city you live in and crash there until they find a place of their own - we have the kind that live in your attic and run around.  Squirrels.  Bushy tailed, gray squirrels in our attic.  And according to the dude who came and did the inspection they have been there long enough to do thousands of dollars of damage and they have 3 holes in which they're entering our warm living space.  RAWR!  So now we're talking with our property management company to find out who pays for this.  We of course say the owners of the house, after all we did not make said holes nor did we invite them into our living space.  If we were nasty and gross and had roaches then sure yes we should pay for this.  But we have a nature conservatory living upstairs and it is not our fault therefore .....   ....but I told Kyle I want to do everything with him (kids. dogs. vacations.) except own a house.  Because imagine if we are responsible for this.  Holy cow we will be broke.  But seriously - since we have lived there we have had oven issues, a water heater break, and now this -- never owning a home.  Remind me of all this when Kyle and I are googley eyed over the idea of our own place.

Kyle and I are doing NOTHING this weekend - we have no football since Alabama is prepping for their mini-national championship against LSU (LS-WHO?!) - so we will carve pumpkins and clean the house and watch movies and play with the dogs and read books and be lazy lazy people.  It is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment