Tuesday, October 11, 2011

non wedding related: the pumpkin patch

Kyle and I are kids at heart.  Or maybe I am and Kyle just comes along for the ride. But Kyle and I had a “date day” this past Sunday and it was just fun to get out of the house and hang out with each other.

Since we were “pumpkin patching” I decided we would dress for fall… which ended up being a bad idea since it was hotter than I thought it would be.  Anyways…. We headed down to McDonough to go to an awesome pumpkin patch that I found online.  We started with lunch at Logan’s Roadhouse – which by the way, is not very good, it was WAY better when we worked there.  And then we headed to the pumpkin patch.  And I had a to-do list.  I kept telling Kyle that it was all about the corn maze, the slide, the hayride and getting pumpkins.

So we got to the pumpkin patch and honestly it was overwhelming.  Seriously if you have kids in Atlanta that is the pumpkin patch to go to.  There was SO much to do.  There were pig races and bouncy things and a cow train and go carts and a corn maze and corn cannons and a hayride and really, I could keep going.  We headed toward the corn maze first.  And got distracted by the DSCN0614[2]slide. =D

The corn maze had 3 mazes (easy.medium.hard) and we did all three.  The hard one was harder and it was funny because you could tell parents just wanted to get out of the maze.  At one point we ran into a dead end and turned around and saw 3 or so families and all the parents go “why are you turning around” …. and I am pretty sure those 3 families then just cut through the corn.  We ended up finding the exit – Kyle decided to tell me that you just have to take all right turns and made the corn maze unfun, but that is Kyle’s favorite thing to do – burst the fun bubble.

From there we went on the fastest and most uneventful hayride in the history of hayrides.  But as we were waiting Kyle told me that he wanted to shoot the corn cannons.  I of course told him that we could and that we would and when the hayride was over – we headed straight there.  No lie, I was a little scared but it ended up being fun.  And do you know what the best part was?  I hit the target and Kyle did not! =D  There is nothing like being a girl, firing an air cannon with a corn on the cob stuck in it and actually aiming it correctly and hitting the target when your husband to be didn’t hit it!!  And I won us a free soda for the car ride home.

We then headed to the pumpkin part to pick out our pumpkins and we got two really good ones that I cannot wait to carve.  One would think that this was an expensive day but out two huge pumpkins were only $21.50 and it cost $24 total to get in … but when you think that we were there for 3 hours and did not do everything that is a pretty good deal.

But the most important part…. we had fun.  Exhausted.  But had fun!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment