Sunday, October 9, 2011

The great aisle decision.

I feel like planning a wedding is 100% about compromise.  (eeeh, kinda like a relationship and a marriage.)  And the biggest compromise I am having to make *currently* is around the ceremony.  One of the many reasons I chose our ceremony site is because I thought it would be absolutely GORGEOUS with candle light.  So I envisioned a ceremony at dusk – candles lining the aisle and the front where Kyle and I would be.  But… evidently the sun is not setting until like 7 something on our wedding day so we had two options.  Push the wedding back and see each other before the ceremony OR not see each other before the ceremony and keep the ceremony earlier so the photographer has plenty of light.

Well… we went with option #2 and kept the ceremony earlier since I refused to see Kyle before hand.  So with that …. all my aisle ideas are out the window. 

Faisle4or example – how gorgeous would have this been?!  All those tiered candles.  I die.  The aisle would have had to be pretty wide since I can only assume how deep the different vases would be.  But still gorgeous. But I feel like for that to really work it would have to be a dusk ceremony.  Oh well. I really thought the sun set earlier in March.

Or the this one withaisle2 the petals and the different height vases with the floating candles.  Obviously, I LOVE the floating candles look.  This one in truth would have FREAKED the control freak in me out because with one gust of wind petals would have been ever where, but it still looks amazingly beautiful.

I think the biggest solution would be to talk to my florist and the wedding coordinator.  They do weddings for a living so they would know for sure how it would or would not look.  The biggest thing is that I want simplicity at the ceremony.  Flowers up front but the actual aisle, I have no idea.

I also REALLY liked/like this look but it goes back to the one big gust of wind and there goes all the peaisletals.  But I love the bunched up candles.  And I cannot tell if it is the flash in the picture that makes it look like it is daytime-ish or if it is really daytime…. but those don’t look bad.

But long story short, I am a huge traditionalist and I do not want to see Kyle before the wedding.  One of my favorite parts of weddings is watching the groom’s face when he sees the bride for the first time, so I want to see his face. 

If anyone has any simple aisle ideas – I know a bride who would love any and all suggestions.  =D

Oh. 168 days.  Where is the time going?!

No comments:

Post a Comment