Thursday, October 20, 2011

3 Thing Thursday–Picture Edition.

 

1. I have had this wedding nightmare that when it came time for our sparkler exit that there was like no one left to see us off.  And I want there to be LOTS of spasparklerrklers for us to run under and to make our wedding exit photo amazing.  But 2 weeks ago I was at a wedding and people we dropping like flies and leaving early.  I figured our wedding will be ending around 10:30 or 11:00 and that scares me that people will be leaving and there will only be a handful of people left to see us off.  So. if you’re coming to the wedding you better stay and see us off.  Kyle told me to be prepared for a smaller send off since we have a smaller number of invites going out.   But it looks so bad with a small send off, so if you’re coming to the wedding please be prepared to stay till the very very end… I need to there to see us off so the pictures are great. Please and Thank You.  I feel like this is a total rational fear right? 

2. Originally Kyle did not want a grooms cake.  He is a kinda closed off person and because I was joking that I waredskin_jerseys going to get him a groom’s cake shaped as a dragon with a Redskins jersey (he just may kill me for putting that on here. muhahha) on  he told me he didn’t want a groom’s cake.  Then we were standing in line for cake at Chrissy’s wedding a few weeks back (btw. phenomenal cake. holy cow.) and Kyle asked why he doesn’t get a cake.  When I reminded him that he didn’t want a cake but if he had wanted a cake of his own that I wouldn’t have embarrassed him and now I think he wants a cake of his own – shaped as a redskins jersey.  And he wants yellow cake.  And if we actually give him his own cake it will say Shanahan on the back of it and it will be after him, not the head coach or the Kyle Shanahan football coach.  it is all so ironic.  If I let him have a groom’s cake is still to be determined.  It is 100% going to come down to cost.

3.  I am not going to show a picture on this one, but I chose our wedding cake and emailed it to the venue. Totally not going to share it with you because I do want some surprises.  ;o)  But it is amazing. I love it. Kyle actually likes it too and he called it “classic” and “classy” and when I asked him if he was just saying that he was being serious and I mean actually serious.  So I am glad he likes our cake and I am glad to have that checked off my to-do list too!!

5 months and 5 days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought...but I've had TONS of wedding receptions at the center where I work, and some brides share your exit fear. SO, a lot of them have started doing a "fake leave" for the photographer. That way, you get your shot, the photographer is done, and you can relax and enjoy the rest of your night! Just a little something to think about...

    ReplyDelete