Monday, October 24, 2011

Music Monday :: Great Cake Cutting Song Debate

If I have one big character flaw it is my LOVE for music. I love all music. Everything. I do not discriminate.  iTunes gift cards are THE BEST PRESENTS EVER since I spend so much money in music. But lucky me I LOVE LOVE LOVE the “undiscovered” artists and their songs are .99. ….but those undiscovered artists have some of the best sappy I love you, you’re the best, I am happy with you songs.

The 1st dance song. Yeah it changed 4097539 times before Kyle told me to stop and settle. I found a song that we both like and no no no I will not share that with you. But it is a simply amazing song and there is a lyric that describes Kyle and my relationship to the letter. :-)

The song we’re introduced to – hard decision too – but we chose one.

Father Daughter Dance song – yeah, that was selected about 4 years ago. That is top secret too. And if it does not bring a tear to your eye you do not have a heart. ;-)

Mother Son Dance – not doing one.

Bouquet Toss song -- hilarious (well to me and a select few). Not sharing that song choice either. But I will say it is from 'My Best Friend's Wedding'  

Garter Toss – selected easily.

And then there is a the cake cutting and I am SO torn.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ron Pope “I’m Yours” …. how can you not love a lyric like “forever I pray those beautiful eyes want to fall upon me. say it’s alright cause I’m yours.” ....seriously, swoon.


BUT! Tyrone Wells and his song “Running Around in my Dreams” is amazing as well. with lyrics like “Why don't you come and go with me Somehow I know, I've waited my whole life to see You standing there with the wind in your hair I'm as sure as a boy, could be. You are the girl that's been running around in my dreams” how can your heart not melt?!

Why are there SO many amazing undiscovered (or just not well known enough) artists with an amazing ability to write songs that I LOVE?!  It just is not fair.  I do have a feeling I know which one of the two I will chose, but still.  I feel like these are such permanent, life long decisions.  How intimidating.

1 comment:

  1. Ooookay, this is going to sound creepy, and I considered not even commenting but it was just too weird, so I had to. I found your other blog by googling "pure barre atlanta," because I was looking for pure barre reviews. As I read through, I saw that you had another blog, checked it out, and thought "yaaay, a wedding blog!" I also blogged my wedding, and I still love reading about them.

    Theeeeen, while reading your About Me section, I realized that I've actually interviewed with you before, at TRC. Small, weird world! Anyway, best of luck with the wedding!

    ReplyDelete