Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Car :: Sticker Debate.

So.  I have a new car!! Yay!! Kyle and I {pretty much on a whim} decided to buy new Jeeps this weekend/Monday night.  My old Pathfinder had so many distiguishing stickers on it.  When I was in college, people knew my car just by the front license plate and the Alabama sticker on the back.  Now, I have the 26.2 and 13.1 and "some girls chase boys, I pass them" stickers.
my pathfinder - we have had some pretty amazing times.


but now I have to ask myself.... what do I do about running stickers??  {I am prepared to offend some people}.  I feel like I need to re-earn those stickers.  It has been SO long since I ran those distances and if I want to display them on my car or get a license plate frame or anything like that ... I need to be a legit half or full marathoner.  Not someone who ran a 2 fulls, 2 years ago and a handful of halfs, 2 years ago.  While I know and understand those distances and miles and races are something no one can take from you and all that jazz - but that is what you have the medals for. 

Thoughts? Feelings?

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having to 're' earn your stickers. So would the shelf life of the sticker be as long as you owned the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of re-earning stickers, but on the other hand, what's the shelf life of an alumni sticker of the university you went to? I kind of view them as the same thing - they represent things you worked really hard for, things that made you who you are, and things that you're still passionate about. I guess, I see where keeping the 26.2 on your car if you quit running and you simply don't want to and never plan to reach for that distance again is kind of silly. But if you keep it on and want to one day accomplish that goal again, and you are active, and you support others, I kind of see it as OK.
    Wait...did you want a short answer? ;) Good luck figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm.. i think it is fine to put them on there. but…if you want a new goal-to get that sticker back on your car. you will have to do another race :) i think once the wedding is over you will have a lot less on your mind and less to do and running will be just what you need to fill that space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'mon girl...if I can get back out there after two years...so can you. go get yourself some new stickers!!

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can kinda get where you're coming from, but I say you get those stickers and sport them proudly! You certainly earned them once upon a time, and perhaps getting new will motivate you to tackle the distances again!

    ReplyDelete