Wednesday, February 8, 2012

:: wedding wednesday ::

Current Numbers:  45 days to go.
Current Guest Count: 82

1. as mentioned before.  we are 100% planned.  and it feels good to really not have to worry about anything (planning related).  we're still having RSVPs roll in ... and I know we're going to have to make a list of calls once the RSVP by date passes by.  But having no stress other than that feels good.  Now Kyle and I just have to sit back and relax and count down the days and read our pre-wedding required reading!

2.  {{confession alert}}  I have a REALLY bad habit of stalking my wedding registy so I pretty much know what is bought when it is bought.  But I am beginning to realize that I am going to need to have a major yardsale post wedding to try and get rid of our old things.  Like my CEO and his wife bought us our Keurig (which I am crazy excited about) so we have our old one cup coffee pot from Starbucks (that dates back to my college days.  And then our blender has been upgraded by someone and so has our hand mixer and our George Forman was upgraded at Christmas.  I think my brother and I should have a joint yard sale this spring.  ...And I really need to quit stalking my wedding registry.

3.  I have my work shower next Thursday and I am really excited about it.  I somehow have talked Kyle into coming which is a good thing since so many people want to meet him -- I know he is not thrilled, but the things you do for love.  I really work with an awesome group of people and for a company that is a true family!  Hopefully, I will get more pictures from that shower and be better about posting.

4.  I got THE VERY BEST wedding compliment ever this weekend. My friend Megan (aka Megster) who will be at the wedding (all the way from Boston!!) sent me a facebook message saying "
So I am totally that person who throws away wedding invitations immediately after viewing once/rsvping. I am so obsessed with yours that I'm keeping it until I get married because I want the exact same." .... that made my heart smile.  Because you see picking wedding invitations was such a chore and such a hard decision.  We ordered dozens of samples - we ordered customized invitations and then sent them back because I was not "in love" with them.  But when the gray and navy came back I was IN LOVE!  And I am soo glad people are liking them.  We have received soo many compliments about how pretty and classic they are and it makes me so happy!

5.  I had a really hard day today in regards to wedding planning and my bridal party.  But I will have to say I am blessed to have an amazing to be husband who can turn any awful day into something wonderful and make me smile.  A bridesmaid who is only a phone call away that can fit me into her crazy schedule right now (she is assisting Michael Oher on his book tour) to let me vent and cry and can tell me it will all be okay.  A co-worker who understands and knows exactly where I am and can (and has) given me some of the best words of wisdom.  And a company full of people who send me text messages after hours to just make sure I am ok.  ....you learn who your true friends are (and aren't) when you're wedding planning and I am so lucky to have so many awesome people in my life.

6.  I am a still at a loss over wedding hair.  I think I am going to pick my favorite one from each row and have my hair lady do all 3 and then make a game time decision.  And by game time, I mean 3 weeks in advance.

But the next 45 days cannot pass by fast enough.  Bring on the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment