Monday, February 20, 2012

such an overdue post - update on life!

so this post started as a "thursday thoughts" and then moved to a "wedding wednesday" and then went back to a "thursday thoughts" ... now it is just a pretty much all over the place post.

current numbers
days left :: 34
total headcount :: 93
days left to get you're RSVP in :: 5 - oi. i will be making phone calls.

1.  We celebrated Valentine's Day early at Brio. And man did we EAT!!  It was good to have a little dinner and not talk about the wedding or the dogs and just enjoy each other's company.  We laughed and joked and talked about the future.  We planned our 1st wedding anniversay - cabin.FINALLY. and then we talked about our 5th wedding anniversary - i want something tropical!  It was a good time.  We really just enjoyed hanging out together.  We spend so much time just being around each other on the weekends but not really doing things together unless it is errands - so it was a good change!  .....And I have been craving the mushroom ravoli ever since.  Oi. 

2.  Even though we said NO ANYTHING for Valentine's day {since we just bought wedding rings and finished paying off the honeymoon} Kyle still had flowers sent to my office.  He always bends the rules the make me smile.  ....Of course, I sent him a cookie basket.  What can I say, we're rule benders.  We like to live on the edge!

3.  Kyle really is the best future husband.  He is took me to see "The Vow"  and if you know anything about it ... it is a total chick flick.  But Kyle, knowing how much I want to see it has decided to take me. {future} husband of the year.  i do have to go see one of his "excellent" movies in return.  But all is fair in love, right?  ...we were talking after the movie that we both have to start journaling in case something like that ever happened to one of each other.  But overall, the movie was meh.  I would say Netflix it over going to the theater.  But we had coupons and gift cards so it was a fairly cheap date.

4.  I had my work bridal shower earlier this week and {again} Kyle is the best.  He is came to meet everyone and be social.  I really work for an awesome company that is like my family and I am so very very thankful & grateful for them!  And we got lots of fabulously awesome stuff {and a lot of the practical things we really wanted, like measuring cups for liquids and kyle's coveted pizza wheel} and then the whole next day I got to hear about how cute Kyle is and how sweet he was for coming and what a trooper he was.  I think Kyle acted like he didn't want to come, but he really did.

5.  I am beginning to freak out over the RSVPs.  We have 5 days left and SO many are unanswered.  What shocks me the most are the people who recently got married who have not sent them back and the adults who know how important a RSVP is.  I hate hate hate confrontation and am not looking forward to having to pick up the phone and email people to figure out what their plans are.   But then I also wonder if more got lost in the mail... and we just didn't know about those ones that were lost.  I would like to get the programs ordered and made as well.  I mean... I HATE the waiting game!

6. Kyle and I have been finding some "gems" lately in the food category.  We took my brother to a REALLY good low key italian place for his birthday dinner and there was a "taco and tequila" bar next door that we just tried as well and oh my goodness was it good.  We didn't have tacos, we split this thing called a molcajete.  It looks soo weird, but it was soo good.  We for sure left in a food coma and I passed out quickly after getting home.  It has been cool to explore the 'burbs and get out of the city dining.  Literally, best advice ever was from my Mom - to get the Open Table app of my iPhone and then just play and discover and explore.  I now crave italian from Paizanos on like a weekly basis. 

7.  We {and my we, I mean me} are REALLY good at this thank you note thing... we {ahem, I} get the thank you note out within 1 week of receiving the gift.  And I was told earlier that it is impressive that I am even writing thank you notes.  (a) if i didn't my mom just may kill me and (b) say what?  if someone gives you a gift.... you have to give thanks.   But it has made us laugh and joke that ALL of our wedding gifts have come from my side - my family and my friends.  Kyle keeps banking on gifts brought to the wedding because I think he doesn't want to be embarrased.

8.  We are celebrating our 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY next week!! =D  We are doing nothing special but we are doing dinner at one of my favorites "South City Kitchen".  ....hopefully I will remember to take pictures of our date night and post them!  Kyle and I have like NO recent pictures of us.

9.  I hate reading bad books - I am in the middle of one that I just cannot pick up and when I do.... I cannot wait to put it down.  I wish I was able to walk away from books.  Instead I always hold out hope that it will get better.  ....it never ever does.

10.  Things that make me soooo excited.  So, one of my bridesmaids is coming into town a the Thursday night before the wedding {rather than having to drive in from Tuscaloosa Friday morning} and we're staying at the Loew's Hotel in Midtown for CHEAP and doing dinner and then getting up stinking early on the Friday and getting massages {8:30 AM massages - I said early} before the Bridesmaid Brunch.  Seriously, cannot wait for some quality H & B time since I never get to see her and I want to be uber relaxed going into Saturday.

11.  Speaking of the wedding... this is how I am tracking the weather from the Farmers Almanac.  And let me tell you ... things are not looking good for our wedding day.  It has pretty much been spot on ... down to the snow in Tennessee and North Carolina yesterday, with wind and rain every where else.  :: Big Sigh ::  i know that rain on your wedding day is supposed to be "lucky" and I also know that 34 days out, I should not be stressing over this, but I am.  I really cannot think of ANY good photo opportuninites INSIDE the venue.  I LOVE the OUTSIDE of the venue - the potential pictures OUTSIDE is one the main reasons I chose our venue.... and of course I didn't think about rain then.  Yeah... you're gonna see a senior prom on the stairs picture at my wedding.  And this girl is not going to be thrilled.  I need my like 5 day, hour by hour forecast ... NOW.  Or someone to assure me that the Farmers Almanac can be off.  Seriously - I hate the idea of rain.

But.... today is Monday.  Lets hope for a fabulous week full of RSVPs arriving in our mailbox!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment