Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wedding Shower #1

Oi.  Forgive me.  This post is SO overdue.  I blame my lazy self and my inability to find the thing that connects the camera and my computer to upload all the pictures.  But, since I found the cord and now have pictures and am a blog posting/writing fool this weekend I can tell you all about my bridal shower fun!

A few weeks ago my maid & matron of honor through me my 1st and really only bridal shower. (I should have gotten a picture with them, but I didn’t.  Fail #1)  In the south having 98873 showers is totally normal and acceptable but since I  1. don’t really like being the center of attention and opening gifts in front of people and 2. don’t have that many friends … I didn’t wans 98873 showers.  I wanted one and then my work shower.

The group of girls that made it was few (again no picture. fail #2) but a lot of my wedding guest and girls are out of state.  But the friends that did make it I absolutely adore and love.  My friend from Alabama even made it over for a few hours (should have gotten a picture with her too. fail #3) so I was so excited to see her, catch up, and all that jazz.

Kyle and I got lots of good stuff!  My Dad probably won with the most thoughtful gift – the Bundt pan I wanted with the recipe for his famous chocolate cake and all the supplies to make it.  And my mom went with the staple towels … but she got me my Kate Spade towels that I love and adore.  Julie (my matron of honor) got me our “replacement bowls” as I call them – since they’re my most favorite bowls ever and Kyle broke one.  (His hands will not touch this full set EVER). And we got more towels (actually Kyle’s blue set and my camel set) and lots of our party serve ware (so we need to party plan!) and lots of other good stuff!  We had a carload full of awesome stuff!

The food and cake was good.  I may have snacked and snacked and snacked after everyone had left.  And when I say “may have” that is code word for I did. 

I really do have some amazing friends.  I may not have a lot of friends but the group that I do have are true friends who I love and adore and am so so so lucky to have in my life.

And onto pictures!! (what pictures I have and that are good!)

dad

cuttingboard

bow

No comments:

Post a Comment