Thursday, February 2, 2012

:: thursday thoughts ::

I know I already posted today - but this is a tradition that I am trying to keep up with so you get two posts.  Plus that last one didn't really count since you know it was a picture.  Anyway.  Can you believe that it is already February?!  Where is the year going?  Before you know it, I will be married!

1. A few months back I was lucky enough to win a copy of Kristin Hannah's new book "Home Front" before it was released.  And let me tell you.  That was one fabulous book.  I couldn't put it down once I picked it up and I was dying to see how it ended.  If you're looking for a good book - I recommend it - but brace yourself, I was NOT ready for the heaviness of it.  But still.  Read it.

2.  I had my 1st wedding shower this past weekend.  {post to come} and am so blessed with so many awesome people in my life.  Kyle and I raked in some good stuff.  If only I didn't have to wait until AFTER the wedding to use it all.  I will say I was very very thankful that there were no shower games - no toilet paper bride or any of that.  And crazy me - the thank you notes are already done and will be mailed out tomorrow.

3.  Evidently the Georgia groundhog did not see his shadow so we're scheduled for an "early spring" - and to that I say BRING ON THE GOOD WEATHER!!  ....spring wedding, I need good weather.  And hopefully no rain on the wedding day.

4.  Kyle and I walked down memory lane today with pictures of our dog Kennesaw.  When we got her she was so skinny minnie and we fattened her up.  Goodness we love that critter and I am so happy that she got a good home after living on the streets.  We do joke with her though and tell her we understand and know why her family dumped her.  Mean.  I know.

5.  I have a bad habit of stalking our wedding registries and today I realized that someone out there bought us our Keurig coffee machine and I am so so so excited.  Truthfully, I never understood the hype and what the big deal was.  But then I went to St. Louis for work and they had one in the office and I used it each day I was there and immediately knew we needed one.  Kyle has started drinking coffee and I need it when I am REALLY dragging (which is more often than not recently) so I am excited to add that to our counter top! =D  We are going to need to have a yard sale with all the stuff we're swapping out for bigger and better thing.

6.  The RSVPs have been coming in and coming in.  And thus far we're at an 80 something guest list  I think the No's will starting coming in soon since the RSVP by date is coming up.  But... I think I will also be making lots of phone calls.  People, really?  We included a self addressed STAMPED envelope.  Send it back.  RSVPing via text message and facebook is not enough. Send the freaking thing back - don't take my joy.  I like coming home to RSVPs in the mail!!  Post wedding someone remind me to do a post on the etiquette of a wedding RSVP.  Legit.  We got one back with no name on it.  People need a lesson in RSVPing.  Good luck to Kyle's mom with the rehearsal dinner invites. Bless.

7.  But all in all, the wedding is coming together.  We just need to figure out our exit strategy and all that jazz.  I say vintage car.  Kyle says Lincoln Town car.  ;)  Let's see who wins this battle.  I scheduled my last wedding planning meeting, my hair and make up trial, my day of wedding hair (sadly, I have to go into a salon which is gonna take some major planning on my part).  The ceremony space is decided on and decorated. 

8.  Oh and ROLL TIDE! How about that #1 recruiting class.  Alabama just may never lose a game again.  one.can.only.hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment