Monday, February 20, 2012

total work out random-ness.

Total random work out thoughts.  Compiled over the course of some time...
  • I am on a routine and I love my routine and since I cannot do part of my routine this week I feel lost.  But, it is dinner with my maid of honor so it is all okay!
  • Legit :: I am beginning to really really enjoy Blast900 and Pure Barre.  I am sad that I will have to break up with my studios after the wedding is done and over.  It is all just too expensive.
  • Speaking of expensive studios - there is a new spin studio opening in Buckhead called FlyWheel and I WANT TO TRY IT SO BADLY.  I love love love spin classes and this is supposed to be spin on crack - stadium spinning in a dark room so you cannot stare at your neighbor with boards up front so you can complete against others.  Plus free spin shoes {which is actually kinda gross if you think about it} and free towels {i always forget mine} and free water {which I would have to bring my own because i guzzle, but still} ... seriously, want to try. 
  • Speaking of expensive things .. I have an urge to buy more lululemon tanks {for pure barre} but I cannot and will not do it because I HATE running in Lulu.
  • I am thinking about running the Charles Harris 10k this weekend.  Can I tough out 6.2 miles?  It is pretty much all flat and downhill.  Decisions decisions my friend.
  • And.  I really have not been running.  I have been living in Blast900 and Pure Barre.  I really need to bring the running back in my life.  I miss it.  I have LOVED finding my groove on the treadmill in Blast which means, I will love finding my groove whenever I start hitting the pavement again.
  • There is a new gym opening up by my house and it is like $19 per month.  I just may be joining it once they open the doors.  Especially since I will be ditching Pure Barre and Blast - well ditching it some what.....  le sigh.

3 comments:

  1. i saw that spin class too!! i want to try it but it is just as expensive as PB and blast. killer. why do you hate running in lulu?? you know what i will say about the run :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally looking up that spin class right now!
    I tried Pure Barre but felt it was very expensive for what it was. Blast, on the other hand...I pay a lot for every class, but according to my heart rate monitor I also burn a LOT. I also see a huge difference in my body as a result of Blast. So, pricey, but...worth it to me! Maybe just keep one or the other after the wedding? I get that it adds up though-- I have class cards everywhere, it seems, and am trying to run them out so I can focus on just a few (Blast and my Exhale membership).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you've got a great groove going! We paid the big fee up front for LA Fitness in Brookhaven but only pay the 20 a month now. The spin classes there are stadium set up and in the dark and the bomb.com. :)

    ReplyDelete