Saturday, February 4, 2012

January Recap!

This post is kinda late, sorry.  But better late than never right? Our January (more like my January) was a hectic whirlwind of chaos.  But organized chaos.


:: MY DRESS FITTING(S) :: it went well. really uneventful.  of course, the dress fit - it was a little snug and 2" too short at the first fitting.  But 2 weeks later, it was a little loose and long enough.  The wonders of the alternations lady.


:: MY "FAKE" FUN 5K :: 3.1 miles. Yay. Really uneventful to be honest with you.  You can read all about it HERE ...


:: MY WORK TRIP TO FLORIDA ::  warm. beautiful. and i did not want to come home. and i feel in love with Jeeps and want one of the new Jeeps as my next car.  Kyle just laughs at me and says "ok" because he knows the car I want changes with the weather. 


:: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND ::  Alabama won the National Chamionship beating out an undefeated LSU {In case you had not heard}.  I of course was on a work trip but was still oh so happy about the final outcome!


:: MARRIAGE LICENSE & WEDDING RINGS :: like other things - uneventful.  The marriage license took no time at all {and seemed to make everything all the more real} and the rings were expensive but we love them.  I actually walked around one night wearing mine I like it so much.  Oh the joys of being married!


:: ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS :: We had done these before with a photographer we thought we were going to go with.  But change of plans lead us to Justin and 375 Photography.  Preview HERE and I am happy with them.  It was bitter cold and you can really tell in some pictures -- and we both look exhausted in a lot of them.  But I am happy with our final decision.


:: WORK EVENTS - WELCOME RECEPTION, ANNUAL KICK OFF & AWARDS BANQUET :: another pretty uneventful series of events.  Thank goodness that all I have to do is show up and be friendly.  Granted, I did have to sit in the front row to assist with any and all questions regarding anything having to do with my job.  And I will not bore you and go into all that.


:: WORK TRIP TO ST. LOUIS ::  long. hard. and cold.  Cold because I am a moron and left my coat in Atlanta. I had never been so ready to get back to Atlanta.  Great people though and I got to meet a girl who I have talked to on Twitter and via email and I read her blog.  So that was exciting.


:: MY 1ST WEDDING SHOWER :: what can i say, i really do have the best girl friends a girl could ever ask for. many of my friends could not make it since they're out of town, but those who could make it and who traveled from out of town - it meant the world to me.  I still need to upload the pictures and do a post about it {maybe tomorrow}


Kyle and I did not get a lot of "us" time since I was running all over Atlanta and the United States this month.  I am hoping that February is low key.  But all in all January was busy and it made the month fly by.  It is over and it is now February and I am getting married next month. Wowzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment