Monday, February 27, 2012

New - His + Her Cars.

Ever since I rented a Jeep on my work trip to Florida I have been dead set on getting myself a new Jeep.  I am unsure how this all happened - just 1 month ago I put like $1000+ in my Pathfinder and swore I would not buy a new car until {at the earliest} next year.  Kyle on the other hand ... he needed a new car and needed on badly.  and of course -- he just paid for his car inspection and all that fun stuff.

Well.  I somehow found a dealership that had brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee's on sale for like $22,815... which is the "wholesale" cost and Kyle and I had to see if it was for real.  ...and it was.  And one thing lead to another and now we both have new cars!

I cannot believe we have matching cars and I keep joking that I went from caviar (leather, 6 disc CD player, sunroof, automatic seats) to fish sticks (cloth interior, single CD player,  and a seat that i have to use a leaver for - which, i am still not *thrilled* about the seat).  ....and kyle just calls me his little princess.

Doggie Hammock - Seat Protector!
Now... my crafy mom gets to make my dogs this fabulous doggie hammock - seat protector thing.  I want to take really good care of this car and having my muddy, smelly dogs in the back seat as often as I do is not fun for those people who have to sit in the back seat.  So, now I will have a hammock that my dogs can sit and relax on & I can take it down/off when I transport people around Atlanta.  =) 

But with all this said, I am not looking forward to my $300 car payment or my car insurance going up (but we decided to merge our car insurance together when we tell them about our new cars - for a cost savings).  AND I just put like $58 worth of gas in my car just Sunday ....but I am excited to have a new car.  =D 

But all happiness and excitement aside... I got a little sad when cleaning out my Pathfinder.  I've had that bad boy for 7 years and so many amazing memories were made in that car and laughs were shared with awesome people.  And who would think one could get so attached to car?!  But all the memories of the roadtrips and nights around tuscaloosa just made me walk down memory lane!

So if you're ever in Atlanta and want to go for a spin ... I can drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment