Wednesday, June 29, 2011

little detail #1–axed.

remember this post about all the little details that were running through my mind. sadly, one of them [and one that I thought was super cute and would add a really nice vintage touch] is not going to happen. 

placecard12

remember the place card frames that were white and vintage and going to potentially tell people where they were sitting – yeah they’re TINY.  Like teeny tiny like I am unsure how theknot.com thinks that they’re big enough to hold someone’s full name.

They were on sale at theknot.com’s store – so I purchased a few to get a good look at them and was sadly disappointed.  I am marrying someone with the last name “Shanahan” and I have family members with the last name “Winkeler” … both that last names are WAAYYYY too long to fit in those tiny things.  So, I am back at square one on place cards if we end up using them.   And those “samples” I bought are on their way back to the store for my little refund.

Rawr.

1 comment:

  1. You could probably pick up a bunch of different, mixed-matched frames from thrift stores and spray paint them all an antique white... If you didn't want to give up on the idea quite yet. I guess it depends on how many you'd have to do though!

    ReplyDelete