Sunday, June 19, 2011

30 day challenge. week one.

so I started my 30 day challenge this week and I had this whole entry planned out to tell you all about my little victories and everything amazing I did this week.  and then my week happened and let’s talk about how good I did not do.  I don’t want to say I did bad, because I didn’t do BAD but it really was a horrible attempt at greatness.

monday. I started with a vengeance. I went to blast900 that night – atlanta traffic was so bad the teacher was 15 minutes late but I stuck around because it was day 1 and I had to do it. and I did it and it was hard. but 100% well worth it. the class only had like 8 people in it (normally there is 25 but I think since it was dunwoody over buckhead that mattered) so we all got a little extra “loving” attention from richard.  I normally slack on the sprints – but he wouldn’t let me so it gave me the much needed confidence to do them well every time going forward.

tuesday I was still going strong. I pushed through a 1.74 mile hilly run that was awful because I hurt from blast and because it was hot and humid. (hello atlanta summers). I wanted to quit around mile 1 but I made myself turn right instead of going left and going home. my neighborhood is really hilly.

wednesday I planned to hit spin class, but my legs hurt so I bailed. and then I just crawled in bed for amazingly bad tv. thursday… I planned to go to the gym. but I didn’t. and once I again I did nothing.

friday we did walk the dog for 20 minutes in the rain. saturday, I walked the dog as well – I slacked. I woke up accidently at 6:30 am when it was 65* and should have gotten out of bed and RAN but I watched Gilmore Girls instead.  but sunday I wouldn’t let myself be a total slacker and I hit the gym for a 30 minute swim.  annnnnd I gave mulligan his 30 minute walk.

I also did HORRIBLE on the no sweets … well horrible is dramatic I had some and I also had 1 glass of wine at a work function on thursday.  Oi.  I guess things in moderation is better than gorging myself.

next week will be better – and I am starting off with blast900 again.  I think it is all about figuring the week out and working out around what muscles I worked the day before … however I need to run more than not run since I signed up for the atlanta 13.1 race in october since I liked it so much last year.  on saturday morning I have my free fitness evaluation & personal trainer consultation/workout so I know for a fact he will kill me.  oh well…. onto another week! =)

2 comments:

  1. You will have a good week, i believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you did GREAT for your first week! The hardest part is starting. I initially started the challenge to get myself consistently working out. And it's working. Even if I miss a day b/c I'm sore, I still feel motivated to go the next day, and it has me working out 4 or more times a week. Hopefully, I will start toning up so I can fit in that size too small wedding dress I order when it comes in in Nov! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete