Saturday, June 11, 2011

half way to 2012 -- goals check in.

Happy June. Happy 6 months into 2012.  So, lets check in on my 2011 goals and see how I am doing.

RUNNING

goal one. find a work.life.relationship balance with the world of working out and running. 2010 was all about getting the job done and sacrificing runs. 2011 will be about getting the job done but also getting my work out in. how this will happen... tbd.  [well. as you know. i got a new job within the same company and i get out at a reasonable hour. i do still struggle with the getting a run in part. the 1st of the year, was a total wash miles wise]

goal two. blast900. it is pricey but i want to do it at the minimum 2 times per month. it is a killer work out and can do/will do a lot for my stamina and running. [did not do it a lot at the beginning of the year, maybe once per month. but starting monday, i will do it every monday.]

goal three. focus on the little races and increasing speed and stamina. I would like to run a sub30 5k this year and run a 10k in under a hour and a 2 hour half marathon. [has not happened yet this year. i have only run 1 5k though and i didn't do too bad. i have 6 more months to accomplish this one]

goal four. vary the workouts. if that means rejoining a gym, that means rejoining a gym to get in swimming and spin. or just finding the local rec center and seeing what they have to offer. [between pure barre, blast900, and bootcamps i have been doing various things, but slacking on the running. just rejoined LA Fitness so I need to add in the swimming and spin again]

goal five. run more than 500 miles in 1 year. [lets all laugh out loud at this one. miles to date: 32.99 -- hahaha i have been a lazy lazy this year!!]
goal six. find a running buddy or group to hold me accountable [i have not even looked or tried to find one. this was/is a lofty goal. i have 6 months to accomplish this.]
goal seven. train for big races. fully train. stick to the training schedule. [um. this is about to start. rock and roll savannah i will train right for]

goal eight. not run a marathon. (you're probably saying WHAT?) but i would like to focus more on finding and making a routine and a balance between life, work, and running so when i do decide to do another one I am 100% committed to all the runs and workouts.  [as of right now, I am on track.  I turned down Chicago and Marine Corps. And I really do not see myself pounding out 26.2 in 2011]

PERSONAL


goal one. floss more. wear my crest white strips more often. i have a wedding that i need REALLY pretty teeth for. [this may be gross. but i floss on the couch or in bed while watching tv. is that tmi? but i do need to crack the whip on the white strips.]

goal two. read more. i'd like to read at least 1 book per month. 12 books per year.

goal three. save more. spend less. 110% stick to my monthly budgets. [some months i am awesome. others not so much. i wish i hated clothes]

goal four. find a house to rent here in atlanta to give my crazy dog a backyard to run in. [done and done. dog loves the backyard!!]

goal five. volunteer with an organization. no idea yet. if you have ideas, please send them my way. [i volunteered for a weekend in tuscaloosa. not really with an organization. but since that trip i have really thought about getting involved with the humane society here in atlanta or a rescue organization.]

goal six. one diet coke per day. all year long. cut back on the sweets. eat healthier. [this is so hit or miss. but failing pretty much]

goal seven. take kyle to an alabama football game. in bryant denny. [football season has not started yet, but i dont think this one will happen either only because we're saving up for our honeymoon and a game in the stadium can be expensive]

goal eight. take 1 bubble bath per week. 4 spa days per year. learn to decompress. [zero spa days to date. but i need one. happy birthday to me. anyone? and not a bath every week, but often enough to not go insane]

....now you tell me. how are you doing with your 2011 goals?!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your goals...you make me want to set some (alot) goals. thanks for the kick in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even thought to check out my goals since we're already in June! I have 5 on my list, and I've only crossed off 1/2 of one item. Time to shift gears and start focusing on what I want to accomplish in 2011!

    ReplyDelete