Tuesday, June 21, 2011

the saga of the custom stamps.

I totally almost had a flip out - freak out moment yesterday and it would have been a total bridezilla moment on my part.  You see, I ordered stamps of one of our engagement pictures for our save the dates.  I thought it would be a crazy cute touch.  And I have been REALLY excited about them since I ordered them.

As I logged into the site yesterday to check the status and see if they have been shipped/when they were going to be delivered and I got to read this:

"Due to a nationwide strike in Canada, the USPS is currently not accepting any mail for destinations in Canada for the duration of the strike and you may receive an error message in the Stamps.com software. If you have already sent an item to Canada, please be aware that there will be delays for mail destined to this country. For further updates relating to this strike, please visit the USPS website of www.usps.com."

And of course I immediately assumed stamps.com was a Canadian company or for some reason my stamps had to cross the Canadian border.  So as I searched and searched for 1-800 to call to see how and if this would effect my precious order I found nothing.  So I was like ok ok, i can email. email totally works. and the email sounded like a dumb bride asking "are you a Canadian company" ... "is this going to effect my order" ... "please get back to me ASAP" ... BUT  I was stopped by my coworker.

I then found out that my order has been shipped and is in route to Atlanta.  So, provided they do not have to cross the Canadian border for any reason I should *hopefully* have them this week.   Ahhh the fun of wedding planning....

No comments:

Post a Comment