Friday, June 10, 2011

invitations.

Goodness.  theknot.com and their to-do list is all sorts of crazy with their reminders and making things red to tell me that the task is overdue.  rawr.  for some reason making wedding decisions is not has fun as i had once thought it would be.  probably because there is so much to decide.
anyway. one of my overdue tasks was to look at wedding invitations. i always loved the invitation my brother & his wife did, but you cannot steal someone's wedding invitation that just wouldn't be cool.  so that idea was washed away.  and then i was like .... well, i have always loved wedding paper divas so i started there. and ordered a bunch of sample wedding invitations (and by a bunch i mean 6). too bad a few invitations i liked you were unable to order samples. unfair and not cool. 

the samples came in the mail yesterday and since i am home sick today, i decided to take a look at all the invitation sample i ordered.  SO, my bed. it looks like this:



my invitation criteria is this:
  • it needed to be classy but fun.
  • nothing too loud, but not too boring.
  • i want people to open it and say what a cool invitation
  • ideally, i would like it to incorporate my wedding colors. but my wedding colors are so weird i am finding that to be a difficult task.
this is harder than you would think. out of the 6 invitation samples I ordered, 2 were immediately selected as "no way no how" and there were 3 that I am like "yeah. yeah i could chose this one"  ... but needless to say, none popped out as BAM I must have those ones.  So obnoxious.   I really don't want to sit at an invitation store flipping through invites but I fear it may come to that....

if you've been married or are planning a wedding -- where did you get your wedding invites from?!

1 comment:

  1. I ordered my invites from a stationary store but they were Crane. The idea of a classy postcard RSVP sold me.

    ReplyDelete