Thursday, June 2, 2011

Registering for gifts. (round one)

I have an unhealthy obsession with Crate and Barrell.  So I knew that was one of the places I wanted to register.  A month or so back I saw an add for their registering "party" and wanted to go.  ...More like had to go.  Then I learned that it was at 9:00 AM on the 1st Sunday of each month. i had to ask kyle to wake up at 8:00 to go something we could do in the afternoon. Lucky for me they have breakfast so I was able to tell Kyle that there would be waffles. 

But of course... Kyle is an awesome husband to be and told me that he would do it since it was important to me.  I did mention the breakfast after he agreed and he smiled at the thought of breakfast.  However, he somehow thought that breakfast = an elaborate sit down feast.  I think he was disappointed.

The whole experience was minorly overwhelming to say the least.  I am going to have to add to the registry from the comfort of my own bed because I know we missed A LOT.  Kyle handled the pots and pans.  I handled the fun things.  Kyle registered for 7 things that will be coming off the list (ex: a potted plant and an olive pick).  We will keep his "I Love Bacon" cookbook and his cookbook for men on there.  But his decorative boat, yeah that is going too.

You can check out our registry on the Crate and Barrell site.  Searching for Barbara Vines or Kyle Shanahan and feel free to buy us pretty things for our new life. 

xoxo,
B & K

No comments:

Post a Comment