Wednesday, January 4, 2012

:: wednesday wedding update ::

seeing that we are in the HOME STRETCH I am going to try and make this a weekly update.  Wednesday = wedding fun.  Brace yourself fine folks it is going to be a bumpy ride from here on out.  (kidding. i hope it is smooth sailing.)

1.  The Bridesmaid dresses came in a few weeks back and they look amazing and i mean amazing... they ended up being the right fabric and the navy is a really dark striking navy and I am a huge huge fan.  And I think they are going to fit every body type perfectly and I think they will look fabulous with the shoes I have asked everyone to order.  Needless to say - it feels great to have that stress done and over and crossed off the list.

2.  We actually only have 65 things left to do on our "wedding to do list" on theknot.com -- and seeing how we are under 80 days away, I feel like we're doing pretty good.  And some of the to do things are on the schedule for this month, like wedding rings and marriage license, but we still need to connect with my friend Brian and plan out the ceremony (and he seems to be hard to get in touch with) and also work on some other details.


3.  And by other details I mean things like :: finish up the candy bar (ordering the candy & putting it in the apothecary jars and putting all the signs on it.  wedding ceremony programs (ugh ugh ugh).  packing up everything in the plastic bins.  getting the rest of the stuff for the hotel welcome bags. making sure kyle gets groomsmen gifts. finalizing the bridesmaid brunch details.  yeah 61 other details.

4.  Speaking of wedding programs - I found these babies on Etsy and kinda sorta really really love them.  I love the simplicity of them and how they fit the vintage vibe that we are going for.  I really wish I had some sort of head count so I would know how many I would need so I could get a price point.  Oh Etsy, I love thee.


5.  The wedding invitations have been addressed and *should be* in the mail NEXT week. Which literally makes this whole thing official.  And I know I have said that a million times (dress. venue booked. save the dates going out. 100% registered.) but this is for real.  Wedding invitations in the mail = wedding quickly approaching.  People : get your RSVPs back to me in a timely fashion.  Don't make me stalk you. ;)


6.  I have my 1st dress fitting on Friday and I am kinda excited, kinda scared, kinda overwhelmed.  =/  My friend Chrissy is coming with me and then her and I are doing dinner so it should be fun and hopefully I won't cram too much mexican in my mouth after the fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment