Thursday, January 12, 2012

:: thursday thoughts ::

I have almost survived another week - I am hanging on by a thread - but I am alive and making it.  Who would have guessed traveling can exhaust you as much as it does.  Thank goodness for a day off tomorrow - even though it is not a relaxing day off.

1.  MOST EXCITING NEWS EVER!! KYLE J GOT A PROMOTION!!  He wanted one (of course) but did not think he would get one, but then he did!  I am so so so excited for him and have been calling him the "Sr. Accounting Associate" rather than Kyle!  Hard work and patience does really pay off!

2.  I am not exactly sure why I am admitting this to the world wide web, but if this blog is 100% about honestly then why not.  So.  I was in Florida for work this week.  Started in Melbourne, had to go to Daytona Monday night and then had to go back to Melbourne.  Well.. Monday was the national championship {roll tide} .. at 7:00 PM in New Orleans.  I, for some unknown reason, thought that meant that the game was 6 PM my time.  No. No. It was 8:00 my time.  We are 1 hour ahead of New Orleans.  Worst part, I told the girls in the branch that I had to head out early to make sure I got in my hotel room and got settled in time for the 6:00 PM game.  Yeah.  I never said I was a math major or a brainiac. 

3.  I made the decision that I do not want a Volvo anymore but I want one of the new Jeep Cherokees.  Oh gosh do they drive like a charm and there are so many cool features.  Now I have to save my pennies {and Kyle's} to get one next year! =D

4. This past weekend my laptop decided it no longer wanted to be alive.  It went kaput. So Kyle J and I got to trout over to Best Buy so I could get a new laptop in time for my work trip.  I now just need to connect with my brother so he can pull important documents off my old computer.  You know things like wedding plans, our DJ Planning packet, and photographer shot list.  Yeah... all that fun stuff.  Along with my music and pictures from Mulligan's childhood {like his 1st birthday and 1st christmas}.  Gotta love all the financial blows.  Car. Laptop. Wedding Rings. Honeymoon.  Legit.  I need a part time job.

5.  I need a nap.  I am just so exhausted from all the work travel and I get to do it again in 2 weeks.  Weeeeeeee.  I think between traveling for work, wedding planning {that is driving me nuts} and life in general when I hit the beaches of St. Lucia I will be READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment