Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am alive.

I know.  I know.  It has been FOREVER since I posted anything.  I was in St. Louis from Sunday - Wednesday and my hotel with "free Internet" actually had Internet that would not work so I couldn't keep anyone posted on anything.  Plus, I was pretty busy with work and dinners that by the time I got back to the hotel I was exhausted.  Needless to say.  I am very happy to be back in Atlanta!
The St. Louis Arch.  I was so excited to see it when coming home from dinner, I snapped a picture at a red light.  Yay for being a tourist. :o)


But bullet form an update on my life & the wedding.
  • Kyle and I LOVE our wedding rings.  We got them from my parents and last night tried them on.  His is big, mine is a little big.  But I didn't want to take it off.  So there is a slight chance I wore it around the house for awhile.  Hopefully, that is not bad luck.
  • Our minster is no longer missing in action.  YEAH!  Him and his wife RSVP'd yes to the wedding festivities.  So with that said.... we have a minister.  Now Kyle and I just have to read some pre-marital books.  Fun Fun.
  • I have my 1st wedding shower this Sunday.  Stay tuned for a picture filled post.  I have 2 friends coming in from Alabama so I am so very excited for that reunion.  I am not going to lie.  I do get worried since our wedding registry has not changed much and pretty much everything "fulfilled" I already have in my possession.  I just wonder why people don't buy straight off the registry - I mean it is a slam dunk.  You know we want it.
  • We are also getting RSVPs back and it is so exciting to see who is coming to the wedding.  We are so far at like 56 people.  Sadly, a lot of invites have gotten lost in the mail / people moved and did not forward their mail so I had to order more invites and *hopefully* those will come soon so I can get them out in the mail ASAP.
  • A RSVP from my dear friend Heather.  Girl is crazy!
     
  • Speaking of my dear friend Heather -- she just took a job in Tuscaloosa with the University so I am so excited that she is closer.  I now think I should make trips to T.Town and see her often and eat lots of bad for you food.  And better yet - Kyle and I can now go to a game or just to town and have a place to stay!! Yeah for friends in Tuscaloosa! =D
  • MY DRESS FITS!  IT IS NO LONGER 2' TOO SHORT.  Victory!  But... it is kinda loose now from all my workouts so we will see March 4th how much they need to take it in.
  • Non wedding related :: today is my Mom's birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  We're doing dinner with her tonight since she is in Atlanta {they really should just move here}
  • Kyle and I have a minor "words with friends" addiction and last night we were laying in bed, talking, watching TV and playing each other in Words.  This is where technology is taking couples.  ;)  But at least we're hanging out.
  • I actually won a $50 gift card at my company's kick off event last week and I am excited that Kyle and I can have a dinner date somewhere nice soon.  I am thinking our 5TH ANNIVERSARY! Originally, I wanted to get a cabin and we could escape {and of course take the dogs} but it ended up being too expensive and we're really trying to save our money.  So, dinner date it is.
As of today we're 58 days out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment