Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beyond Stressed.

I have 67 more days to go until the wedding and I am on the verge of a total mental and emotional breakdown.  Honestly, I do not think I can take any more blows and things going haywire. 

Minister. Ours is MIA. Legit. MIA. Him and I have swapped a few texts today about how "he does not think it will be a problem" -- so I have now sent an email to the Gwinnett Courthouse to find out if it is okay or not okay. And on top of it all, I need to plan out my ceremony and I need to TALK to my minister to do so.  But since he is so MIA I am getting worried that he will even show up. =/
However... on the topic of Ministers.  I did find out that there is no "cleric registry" here in Georgia {whatever that means} so he is 100% good to go in Georgia to marry us.  Now.. it just comes down to WILL HE.  Like if he does not want to do it - that is fine - just say so.  But with 67 days i kinda need to know so I can start making other arrangements.  You know?
Rings.  FedEx just called me and said that they *probably* cannot release the package to my Mom since she is not me.  Something about Federal regulation since it has to deal with mail, but I call BS on that because how many times have I signed for a package that was not for me while at work or at home. So as of right now, I have sent an authorization form to the FedEx Facility & it will be the shipping manager's call if he will or will not let my Mom sign for it. 
Invitations. They went out like 2 weeks ago.  On the 6th.  And there are a bunch of people who have not moved and who have not received their invite.  Granted I know the RSVP date is February 24th - so we have time to get the RSVPs in but it is still not fun to know my invites are somewhere in the postal service land.

I feel like every wedding has its moments that try you and make it hard... but Kyle and I were talking and we feel like it is one thing after another.  If it isn't the bridesmaid dresses being ordered late {but luckily still making it on time} it is the store that has the bridesmaid shoes deciding not to restock the style and refunding every one's money.  Or is it my wedding dress alterations lady cancelling my 1st fitting to go to New York and it is my wedding venue trying to reschedule each and every appointment on the books and forgetting that I made changes to the ceremony site and flowers and being asked to "remind me again".

I legit feel like the only thing that has not caused me stress is my photographer and that is because he is calm and level headed and insanely organized.  Therefore, I am thankful for him.

But seriously, when you get engaged why does everyone tell you that this is "such a fun time" and to "enjoy it, it flies by" ... how about a honest "congrats" followed by a "it really won't be fun".

No comments:

Post a Comment