Tuesday, January 10, 2012

:: Florida Running ::


melboure beach. gorgeous.
Do I have to go back to  Atlanta and back to reality??  Please say no!  I have spent the past few days in sunny Florida for work and man, it was hard work.  (Actually, it kinda was at times).  When I landed in Florida on Sunday I was WAY overdressed in my cardigan and scarf combo.  Fashionable in Atlanta... hot in Florida.  I got my rental car, checked into the hotel, and made my normal, "I am here" calls and caught up with Kyle.  With the beach just steps from my hotel room (and knowing this) I was kicking myself for not packing my bathing suit.  I thought about going to buy one, but instead I opted for a run along the surf.  The weather was gorgeous, there was a breeze and you cannot beat scenery and sounds like the beach.  So, I laced up and hit the beach.  And let me tell you, it is much harder to run on sand than pavement and dodging the waves and keeping your balance on the slight stance, I worked muscles that I have not worked in a while.  But it was such a nice run.  My legs were still tired from the 3.1 the day before and all the Pure Barre so I cut it short at just 1.61 miles and then I let myself just stand in the water (and again kicked myself for no bathing suit ... the cold water would have been marvelous for my aching muscles).  For a quick moment, I lost my shoes and thought they had been washed away - but no.  but seriously, how pretty is that beach!! can i move here?!

daytona beach - from my balcony!
I spent Monday night in Daytona Beach - kinda a sketchy gross little touristy town, but whatever.  when i checked in, I noticed the fitness center and knew that I needed to/had to get in some miles.  But when I got into my {way too big for 1 person} room, I did notice outside my window a nice little brick boardwalk and I told myself that I had to had to had to run it.  I only got in a little under 2 miles, but the sun started setting pretty fast and I didn't want to be out on a boardwalk with sketchy people alone night so I headed back to the hotel.  It was a good little run and it made me wish Atlanta was pancake flat - my legs and body felt good for the most part {I am trying to REALLY listen to my body more} - i ran some stairs which HELLO worked my thighs and tired me out faster than it should have, but honestly, I just really enjoyed the cool breezy beach air.  I mean, I really could get used to living by the beach and running with the breeze off the water and smelling the ocean water air.  Something about it is just peaceful and makes for a good mind clearing run -- which was much needed after the day I had.

I did not get a run in today, since I was way too exhausted from the past two days and I may have stayed up way past my bedtime watching the National Championship {ROLL TIDE} and plus when I got back to Melbourne, it was dark.  But all in all, I got in 2 really good short runs while in Florida and I am happy with it.

I will leave you with this gorgeous sunrise from this morning in Daytona ....





1 comment:

  1. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)


    http://infinitelifefintess.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete