Wednesday, January 18, 2012

:: wedding update wednesday ::

Oh my goodness!  So many wedding related things to share.  But before I go into EVERYTHING I have to admit that I am marrying one awesome fella.  This week has been a total stress filled with breakdowns and tears, but Kyle J has been able to find the "good" in everything and the silver lining and make me smile.  He has been cracking jokes and just really been someone I can vent to.  So I am forever grateful for him. ;)

1.  Wedding Rings.  We have them! =D  And goodness  do we have them. after all the stress that was getting them sent to Virginia {worst.decision.ever} just so we would not pay sales tax we have them {well not in our possession, but in my parent's possession}.  I absolutely LOVE my ring.  It is not what I thought I would want or would end up with, so I guess I don't love the flashy shine as much as I thought I did.  Kyle's ring is amazing too.  And for the pricetag it better be amazing. =D We did good REALLY good deals on the rings - especially Kyle's (we got $800 taken off).  And not only am I forever grateful for Kyle, but I am thankful for my parents who had to deal with the shenanigan that is our wedding rings.

2.  Marriage License.  We have that too!  =D  Kyle and I can officially get married in the state of Georgia.  That made it all seem SO real.  The woman was like "congrats, you can get married now" and I couldn't help but smile. 

3.  Enagement pictures were taken {again} and Justin with 375 Photography is amazing.  I am SO happy with our final photographer decision.  He was so organized and knew what to do - directed us and we were done in a hour. Easy.  He had a way of making both Kyle and me relax {and with Kyle that is a true accomplishment} and he was fun to talk to.  And even though it was COLD very COLD, in fact Friday morning it was snowing... we still had a fun time. 

4.  RSVP cards are still rolling in from our very on the ball wedding guests.  We are up to 26 guests thus far.  So if you have not sent your RSVP back - send it send it!! ...And the notes people are writing on them are so very very sweet.  I have really been blessed to have so many awesome people in my life. 

5. I have ANOTHER dress fitting on Friday. This one is to make sure my dress is not still 2" short and to make sure the top fits right.  Then I won't have another fitting *hopefully* until the 1st week of March to make sure that it still fits right.

6.  I got Kyle's wedding present last week and I am absolutely in LOVE with it and cannot wait to give it to him. I really wish I could blab and blab and blab about what it is, but the secret it safe with me!! Now, I just need to get my thank you gift for my Mom and also get something for my Dad.  But I have an idea for my Mom.  But I hope Kyle LOVES his gift and I have a feeling he will.  But I think it was such a bad idea to get it so far in advance since I cannot keep looking at it and just want him to open it up and we cannot do that since it is a WEDDING present.  Not a January present!!!

7.  Our minister situation may be figured out.  Since he does not need any special licenses in the state of Georgia, he does not need to do anything but show up. Now I just need a little more faith that he will show up.  Everytime I talk specifics (like: we have your hotel room. your wifey is invited. you're invited to the rehearsal dinner) he clams up. I.Do.Not.Need.This.Stress. And he wants Kyle and me to read some books {they're long. I want to find books on tape} before the wedding since we cannot do premarital counseling with him, but he is looking into some churches that will do weekend counseling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment