Saturday, January 7, 2012

Twisted Resolution Run 5k :: Race Recap / Review

This morning I got up for a little "fun run" put on by The Big Peach Running Company in Decatur.  It was a Resolution Run 5k - but not a race race, more like a legit honest to goodness, get out of bed, quit being lazy group run.  I liked the idea and I liked that it was free and seeing how I have a half marathon in like a month I figured I needed to add to my Pure Barre work outs.

The 1st mile was good.  Honestly, cannot complain about it.  The pace of the group was good and manageable and I was just cruising.  Around mile 2 my legs started to get tired.  I think it was a combo of the hills and the Pure Barre workouts.  So I started taking walk breaks.  I wanted to listen to my body and not push myself too hard.  I actually buddied up with some lady who said "I want to keep up with you" and it kinda shocked me since I was slow and trotting around.  Mile 2 - 3.1 were the most unfun just because of hills and my tired legs.

The ran out of water at the middle point so by the time I got back to Big Peach I was thirsty and was getting a headache.  And they were handing out "resolutions" on the run - but I got so tired of carrying them, I ended up ditching them.  But one of my resolutions was to buy new spring gear.  Yeah right - I am poor!

What I have learned - I need to foam roll and stretch out my muscles a little bit more! =D

But I came home to  deader than dead laptop which sent Kyle and me to Best Buy. Oi.  But that means I got to load my Garmin onto my computer and it actually works!! So now I can look at elevations and my splits again.

...but, I have a lot of work to do.  But I am headed to FL tomorrow and I want to do some beach running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment