Thursday, January 5, 2012

thursday thoughts.

Hello 2012!  Happy New Year! =D

1.  Currently I am LOVING Taylor Swift's song "Ours" --- I love the chorus "So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine. And life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough. But this love is ours."  Le Sigh.  I will leave it at that for now.  Maybe in due time. <3  But I am blessed to have such an awesome future husband (who I already refer to as husband).

2.  I start traveling for work on Sunday.  I am off to both Melbourne and Daytona Flordia to serve as site support for our company's applicant tracking software change.  January is going to be a crazy busy month for me - which is both good and bad.  I am looking forward to soaking up the gorgeous weather and hitting the sand for some running.  And as excited as I am to head out of town and meet the people in Florida I am a little apprehensive and I am gonna miss my Kyle J and  these 2 crazy kids of mine!  Lucky for me Kyle got an iPad for Christmas so we can FaceTime with the dogs and see each other from a far! =D 

3.  Speaking of a CRAZY January.  Here is the run down. January 6 :: 1st dress fitting and Christmas with my bridesmaid and bestie Chrissy! January 8 - 11 :: Florida for work.  January 13 :: Marriage license. Wedding rings. Engagement photos {{round dos}} January 18 :: Welcome Reception for out of towners for our annual kick off event {evidently working out of home office now means I get to rub elbows with people} January 19 :: Work awards banquet.  January 22 - 24 :: St. Louis for work. January 29 :: 1st wedding shower.  Le Sigh.  Oh in all that mix 2 Blast900 classes and 7 Pure Barre Classes.

4.  I am running a 5k this weekend and I am really excited about it!  It is not a tradition 5k, just a little fun run put on by a local running store near my house.  And even though it is nothing serious I am gonna love having the motivation to get out and just run 3.1 miles.  Best part ... it was FREE.  And with January draining my bank account & savings (wedding rings, marriage license, honeymoon, outfit for the shower, GROAN) I really need free.

5. I set a reading goal of 24 books this year.  If I want to accomplish that I need to spend less time surfing the Internet for things that I don't need (clothes, Etsy purchases) and I need to cut back on the trashy television that I watch.  And I just need to make a much better effort to put down the phone and pick up a book and just read.  Granted, I think with all the traveling I am doing this month and then the honeymoon I will knock out some books but that is only 2 months out of 12. 

6.  So.  My school is playing for yet another national championship this upcoming Monday the 9th. I am going to be cautiously optimistic.  LSU really is a good football program, but so is Alabama.  And that was one depressing loss on our field earlier this season, so I hope our boys come back with revenge running through them.   Bring home #14 boys!  =D

7.  Currently - my body hurts from Pure Barre and Blast900.  But it will all be worth it come March 24th.  Speaking of March 24th - I am still kicking myself for my bridesmaid brunch invite whoopsie.  Rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment