Thursday, September 22, 2011

three things thursday–truth edition.

 

TRUTH #1.  I am going to have to make a BIG decision on if I want to continue with Blast900 or not.  I  have a few reasons why I am trying to decide if I want to continue on or not, but it really comes down to money.  It is SO expensive and I go once a week.  I will never ever ever say a bad thing about Blast because it REALLY is a great workout.  But looking at all the money I am spending on it vs. going to the gym – it just doesn’t really make sense.  In addition I am not seeing a real big impact on my running – granted, many weeks Blast is my only workout.  I  just need to decide if it is worth it or not.

TRUTH #2.  Um.  I have a half marathon coming up that I am NO WHERE and I mean NO WHERE near ready for.  I have never had a “DNS” but I kinda wonder if I should even attempt this.  Yeah…. I blogged about this on Sunday but I have been thinking about it ever since.  I am unsure if running 13.1 miles when I haven’t really run more than 3 is worth it – in the past when I have not been really ready, I have at least been in shape enough to push through, walk a bit then run.  But I just do not think that is the case this go around.

TRUTH #3.  I think I have like an OCD personality.  My reasoning?  I tend to throw myself fully into something but I can only really focus on 1 thing at a time.  Last year it was running – this year it is wedding planning.  I wish I could find a way to balance everything, but I tend to let 1 thing take over my life.  Maybe since the wedding is pretty much planned – I just have more candy and candy buffet accessories, the guestbook, welcome bag stuffers, and some super cute signs to buy and then I am 100% done (I think).  Maybe I can take the that time and move it to running.

2 comments:

  1. are you still doing savannah? maybe sign up for a 5K or 10K in October to keep you focused and then do the 1/2 in november? oh, and i had to give up PB because of $$. i was bummed but it was just too much with the condo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Elizabeth!
    And ya know - the wedding thing is kind of way bigger than a work thing or running thing. So maybe obsessive compulsive traits but not disorder? :)

    ReplyDelete