Friday, September 16, 2011

three things thursday.

Another week done.  I sometimes feel like I am a hamster in a wheel.  But that is okay because Thursday means we're closer to Saturday and Saturday = football.

1.  I am working a 5k this weekend.  My company is the head sponsor for some Children's Healthcare of Atlanta race this weekend and I am snobby and did not want to run since the course is pretty crappy, so I told them I would work the registration table.  Plus, I have always thought about volunteering at a race but never actually have so now I can.  However, having to be there at 6:30 AM is less that amazing in my book.  But I guess that is why someone invented naps and sleeping in on Sunday. ;)

2.  So, the weather is getting gorgeous and we have this golf course by my house and since my neighborhood kinda sucks in the running department (closed off, barely even 1 mile) I have been wanting to run the golf course.  The weather is making me want to run the golf course even more.  But I have no idea how.  Do I ask if I can?  They're gonna say no.  Do I just hop the fence and ask for forgiveness late?  I will take any and all suggestions.  Golf course running is good running because of all the hills and sometimes the course is super shady!!

3.  I was supposed to start traveling at the end of the month and then A LOT for the next 2 months but my work decided to push all the travel back a few months because we want to ensure the new software is 100% amazing and works just the way we want it to.  No need to rush something that needs to work really well.  So that means all my fun fall running spots aren't going to happen.  And with that ... we're trying to condense the roll over into fewer weekends, which means instead of 4 new fun running cities I only get 2.  Sad. 

1 comment: