Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Not wedding related - dog related.

I need a mental health moment.  Right now I cannot decide if I need to vomit because I am way tired or if it is because I am way nervous.  Why am I nervous?  Because my idiot self forgot to take our "found dog" posting off Craigslist and now there is some person who is asking questions.

Kyle and I do not think they're the same dog.  But at the same time, the "only" picture she has is from the dog was a puppy.  Which is crazy fishy to me because I have pictures of Mulligan EVERYWHERE and of all ages and we have probably 15+ pictures of Kennesaw and we've only had her a month.

You be the judge:



There is just a lot of sketchy stuff around this "owner" ... like it took her 2 days to find a picture of her dog.  And it has been a month why is she just now looking for the dog?  If I lost either one of the dogs I would put up signs and check Craigslist every freaking day. And if you lost your dog and have a potential lead, why not check your email often and frequently.  Why is there DAYS in between communication.

She asked me to send a picture of Kennesaw because she would "know her when she say her" and Kyle told me I should because what if this is legit, but I didn't want to ... but I did anyway.  And now I regret it.  I feel like we should have asked her to describe her prior to sending the picture.  And asked questions like "was she spayed".  I wish we had done a million and one things differently.  However, with that said... we're not giving her up that easily... we're going to make her answer questions like:

  • Was she spayed?
  • Where did you lose her and when? (so we can find out if she lost her AFTER we had her)
  • Can you describe any special traits about her?
  • Can your put us in contact with your vet so she can ID her as well?

I want to email her and say we have eye witnesses saying she was dumped and we found out AFTER we posted the ad.  And Kyle wants me to email her back saying " Unfortunately, based on the picture you provided, I don’t see how these two can be the same dog. Therefore, I cannot accept your word for it unless you can provide indisputable proof of your claim. If you cannot provide proof, I will be forced to assume you are lying for some reason and will have to ignore all future e-mails from you.”

Please keep your fingers crossed.  I am having anxiety just thinking about having to give up my baby Kenns again.  Needless to say, I took the posting down right after and I hope whoever this bad dog owner is just never emails me back.

1 comment:

  1. That does seem a bit sketchy. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete