Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Running Spot & Atlanta 13.1

I just ran a hot sweaty little 5k.  A few months back, the non-runner I am going to marry told me about a walking trail at a park near our house.  Who woulda thought, a non-runner would know walking trails.  Today I thought I would go run and that I would run to the trail, run the 1 mile or so trail and then run home. 

Truth: I.Was.Dying.

I live in a hilly little area.  But I really liked that little walking/running trail.  It is a little over a mile and I think I am going to run it more often.  And hopefully in the future I will be able to run to it and back without thinking I am going to die. 

But on that run, I got to thinking.  I am scheduled to run Atlanta 13.1 in like 2 weeks. 

Another truth: I am no where near ready.

I have never not run a race I was scheduled for unless I (a) got lost or (b) over slept.  But I am seriously thinking about not running this half.  Even though I LOVED this race last year I just don't know if I should or could run it.  I think I would rather just take the time to cram for Savannah.  There is no point to pushing my way thought it, not being able to walk, and suffering.

But... I am going to play it by ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment