Friday, September 2, 2011

candy buffet!!

candy buffets and candy bars have become a REALLY popular idea for the wedding favor for wedding guests and if there is something that both kyle and I love ….. it is candy.  And plus I really couldn’t think of anything fun and funky and festive but I really liked the idea of the candy bar.

So we needed jars to put all the candy in and I LOVED the vintage apothecary jar look but was super bummed when I sawcandy online how freaking expensive they were.  Until one day I stumbled across these fabulous jars at my local Home Goods.  (can we talk about how much I LOVE Home Goods)

So…. as you can tell, I stocked up on 8 different apothecary jars of all sizes and shapes for 8 different types of candy.  Granted, it wasn’t a cheap thing to stock up on it was MUCH cheaper than buying them full price at a non discount store like Home Goods.  I am going to order these cute little ribbon tag things for each jar so the jars will be labeled.  And then I need to give the venue strict orders of how I want it set up and looking.  Granted, I trust them, but still I am a control freak.

Now I need to think of 8 different kinds of candy to fill said jars.  I already have light purple & navy blue rock candy (and yes I will walk around the reception with a stick of rock candy in my hand – that is your warning – do not judge me) and I plan on picking up purple and navy M&Ms as well as purple and blue taffy and purple and blue gummy bears.  But then there are 4 other purple and blue candies I need.  I am thinking about purple gel fruit slices because I used to love getting those as a kid on base in VA Beach when I would visit my grandma & granddad. Thankfully I have an AMAZING bridesmaid named Heather who is doing some research for me.

Next on the shopping list:  the amazingly awesome bags off Etsy that people can fill with candy for their trip back to the hotel.  And seriously people, don’t forget to grab some candy at the wedding!! =D

Any ideas or suggestions on candy?! 

204 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment