Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday.

1. I started running at the gym at lunch and it may be a really bad idea.  Because you see, when I run ... I RUN ... and I sweat and I turn bright red ... and then I have to go back to the office.  The other day our VP of Payroll said "you look hot" ... yeah I was.  BUT, I feel like that is the only way I will get my run in because by the time 5:30 rolls around all I want to do is go home, eat dinner, and then lay around.  Laying around does not equal active.  And, my parents are coming in town today till next week sometime and that means working out will be hard unless I do it at lunch... so sweaty lunchtime runs it is. :o)
2. So after one Blast900 class the instructor was talking about heart rate monitors and seeing how many calories were burned (and we all know, I'm not really burning 900 calories) so my interest was perked.  And then there was a guest blogger on Blast900's blog last week who was talking about how it felt like she was dying but by looking at her HR monitor she knew she could push harder and not die.  I really want a HR monitor - but I don't want to buy one because the Garmin I want has a HR monitor as part of it.  But with that said, I don't want to shell out all that money for a new Garmin.  But then I was at Blast Monday and running on the treadmill Tuesday and my mind kept going to a HR Monitor. I wish I had done more research when I bought my 1st Garmin and I could have gotten on with one, but back then I didn't understand/realize/know how helpful and awesome they could be. I mean I could buy the new one (and I have a REI dividend), sell the old one and put that money to the new one... but what if I cannot sell the old one.

3.  My friend Lydia and I went to spin class together yesterday and it was by far the worst spin class I have ever been too. And Lyd agreed.  We actually left 30 minutes in because it was so bad.  She didn't crank the music up, she had zero energy (very blah) and there was nothing happening that made you want to work and want to be there. so we left. yeah, we're slackers.  BUT we both did 15 minutes on the treadmill prior to spin... so that is 45 minutes of work.  makes up for it right?!

2 comments:

  1. Just run during lunch! It's good for you and also helps relieve any stress you may be under. Let them talk - I do!

    Ugh - I hate all gym instructors that can't motivate! I would have left too. There's an instructor at my gym that sings along to the music when we are on breaks - love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so curious about heart monitors, and think I even have one that came with my garmin, but have yet to actually try it out....or even look for it! Some day. Some day. ;)

    ReplyDelete