Friday, July 22, 2011

busy 2 days of planning.

We (and by we I mean my Mom and me) had a busy two days of anything and everything wedding.  The place we’re getting married is the epitome of Paula Planners and everything is uber scheduled and structured.  (One of the many reasons I chose them…)  Since I wanted my parents involved in any decisions they wanted to be a part of and because my Mom wanted to be there for a lot everything is kind of worked around their schedule and if/when they can make it down to Atlanta.

Sunday: This past Sunday my Mom, Dad, Kyle and I went down to our wedding venue for their “Bridal Extravaganza” which included their food tasting, a chance to meet some of the vendors, and they had tables set up all over the venue to give you ideas for table settings.  Truthfully, the only thing I was really interested in was the food and the cake 038and let me tell you the cake it is good.  I am confident that we picked a really good flavor and I hope it tastes just as good in March 2012.  Best part – Kyle had to wear a name tag since him and I were booked to have our wedding there, we were supposed to get “extra attention” but I am glad that we didn’t.  I am not so sure Kyle liked the idea of wearing the “necklace” … but he was a good sport and I am pretty sure he just forgot about it. The food was GOOD and I think we made some good ideas on what we will serve everyone.   Well at least some food that I cannot wait to chow down on.

Monday: My Mom and I headed back down to McDonough not even 24 hours after the extravaganza.  (Oi. Lots of car time!)  But my 1st wedding planning meeting was supposed to happen in March but there is nothing like procrastinating and neglecting the biggest day of my life. Rawr.  And when I say we talked about a lot … we talked about A LOT.  Like we talked about how the sunsets at 7:53 and my idea of amazing candles and things like that just may not work. Rawr. I feel like I was uber unprepared and my wedding coordinator probably wondered why I had no ideas and no suggestions and no real opinions.  I really need to meet with her when I am on a ohhh I want to think about the wedding rampage. We talked about everything from ceremony location to ceremony time to what kind of food we’re going to serve to the types of tables we will have to our cocktail hour to bridesmaid dress colors and head counts and grandparents.   My head is spinning just thinking about it all. I left with homework (song list, ceremony information, choosing a ceremony time, number of rooms to be blocked off, flower ideas, blah blah blah) and evidently you cut the cake to a song and I have to think of a cake cutting song.  Can’t we just cut the cake and smash it in each other’s faces in an awkward silence?!

Why oh why is wedding planning such a pain?  Needless to say, Kyle and I will be eating Chinese, watching Shark Tank and talking wedding everything tonight.  So make it 3 fun days of planning.  Or 2 days and a night.  ….isn’t 8 months a LONG time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment