Thursday, July 28, 2011

three things thursday.

This week has flown by. And I have been SO busy at work that it is not even remotely funny. My work out at lunch deal is not working... I have packed my work out clothes but the meetings that I have been in over our new software system have made it unable to work out. umph.

1. My friend Afton wants me to teach her how to run and wants me to give her tips and secrets and pointers but I feel like such a sham. I feel like I am the farthest thing from a runner and with all the advice she asks I give her my suggestions, but then I remind myself that I am no pro and barely even a runner this year. Other than telling her to get professionally fitted for shoes and that she does not need to go out and buy a Garmin yet and that she really shouldn't increase her miles by too much each week (10% is what I told her) and that cotton sucks I really have nothing else to tell her. I feel like I am right there with her, trying to learn to run again. Oi. What advice do you give new runners? What hints do you recommend I give her?

2. I am REALLY excited to travel for work. Partially because I enjoy training people, but I am really looking forward to it because I get to run in new places and new cities. I am really excited to run by the arch in St. Louis and then at Salem Lake in Winston-Salem and on the beach in Florida. I even picked one of my hotels because there was a "jog path" 3 miles away. And since I am going to be alone for 2 nights I am going to need things to do so why not run? Right?! :)

3. I still cannot stop thinking about that Garmin 610 - REI has them in stock by my house but I don't want to buy it. I am thinking I am going to settle for a *cheaper* heart rate monitor that I can use for pure barre, blast, spin, and whatever else. I will own that 610 at some point but just not now. Right now I cannot see a REAL purpose for it and if I am going to spend that much money I need a purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I always tell runners it NORMAL for it to suck in the beginning. It isnt easy for anyone.

    ReplyDelete