Thursday, July 7, 2011

three things thursday.

it has been a while since i have done a three things thursday - but since i am trying my very very best to keep this running and working out related, i have not had too much to report on. 

1. i have been going to blast900 once a week, every week for 3 weeks now and it does not get easier, but i have found that it has made me stronger and my endurance is getting better. i thought it would get easier as the weeks went on, but it has not been getting easier since all the instructors make each class different and you never know what you're walking into. i won't get to do it this week since my 6pm monday class was cancelled for the 4th and because i was not even in atlanta...  but i really like it (even though 30 minutes in i say i hate it) and want kyle j to come with me -- the 1st class is free! :o)  they're supposedly looking for locations in northern va, so if they do open locations here i can go when i am home for holidays and when we move back....

2. i really really really want the new garmin forerunner 610. my 405 is like 2 or 3 years old and has been acting REAL glitchy and is not holding a charge very well once it gets turned on and is in training mode, so i want to upgrade. plus i want the HR monitor and I like that is has stronger satellite signals so i won't lose it like i did during the Nashville Half and Atlanta 13.1 last year.  but, i won't let myself buy it because (a) I'm not running enough to warrant buying a new one (b) my 405 works well enough, i just need to remember to put it on the charger after use (c) it is way way way too expensive and (d) because i am in total saving money mode.  but i am allowed to dream of it right? plus in a years time the price should *hopefully* drop.

3. i went home for the 4th of july and did not even get to run at my most favorite running spot ever - burke lake. i totally planned on running it at least once, but my mom's check engine light went out when i was driving it one day and cars with check engine lights on freak me out. whenever we decide to move back to NoVa (kyle needs to stop making excuses especially since he "hates georgia so much") I will run there as often as humanly possible.  i didn't even run the neighborhood - i just laid in bed like a bum and slept till almost 12:00 most days. 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to try this Blast900 class one day but am pretty sure I would DIE!!! Keep it up, Barbie!

    ReplyDelete