Friday, July 29, 2011

myregistry.com

one of my favorite stores is Anthropologie… no only do I love their clothes, but they have amazing little home items like measuring spoons, small bowls, funky plates, cute cookbook stands, I could go on and on and on and on (trust me) and I knew that I wanted to register there for a few items but they do not have a registry, they have “wish lists”.

The deal with wish lists – when something is bought, you have no idea, it is a toss up.   My good friend and bridesmaid Chrissy has a wish list there and at her 1st shower, I got her bowls… her mom got the her the same ones. At her 2nd shower, I got her salt and pepper shakers and measuring spoons… she now has 2 salt & pepper shakers and 2 measuring spoons. 

And I just felt like a wish list was just too hard and too risky.  BUT I knew there was a site out there that you could pull things from various stores and but them on 1 big registry.  After lots of google searches I finally found it.  It is a site called myregistry.com and you put a “favorite” link thing in your favorites and you can just add to your registry.

I am using it for my Anthropologie registry where I am asking for a few odds and ends.  My favorite things (and Kyle will hate them) are the plates.  My parents have these heavy plates that they got in Maine that have animals or plants painted on them – I LOVE those plates – so I am getting (errrr asking for) something similar, 10 cutesy plates that we can pull out for special occasions (just like my parents do).

I also added a few amazing Magnolia Lane University of Alabama items because we all know that this is going to be an Alabama house!

239 days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment