Wednesday, July 20, 2011

and another cake. (this may be the one)

I am such a huge liar and such an indecisive person.  Being indecisive makes it SO hard to make any sort of decision for my wedding and the fact that my wedding is SO far off makes it all so much harder.  You second guess your decisions and wonder if you really made the right choice.

After posting the 4 cake pictures last night, a girl on Twitter (and fellow Alabama Alum *roll tide*) suggested that I take the classic, classy lace of my dress and put it on a cake.  She made a VERY valid point that a lot of those cakes were more modern when I wanted vintage and amazing.

I was leaning towards cake one (at first) but when she spoke of lace and lace applique it made me want to look around and do some research.  I also had a few friends tell me cake one was vintagey (not a word, but I do not care) but winter and that the texture reminded them of those gas station treats and those winter babies that people put out at the holidays.  Things I do not want people to think about as they're supposed to be oohhing and ahhhing over my cake.

Then after staring at "lace wedding cakes" and "vintage wedding cakes" for HOURS I came across this amazingly amazing cake.  And I think I have made a decision (it is the same cake on both sides, I just had to make one darker so you could see the a-mazing detail) -- but there will be some changes...



Those changes are:
1. No glitz on the middle tiers.  My dress does not have really any glitz to it and for sure not a glitzy belt, nor are we doing to have rhinestones anywhere so those just do not tie in.  I think I am just going to make those 2 tier plain.  I thought of a purple "ribbon" but I think that will take away from the amazingness of the detail work on the cake.
2. I want 4 tiers ... the 4 tiers balances it out.  But right now I am set for a 3 tier cake.  I need to make sure the baker can put in a styrofoam block for one of the tiers. It has been done before; therefore, I feel that they can do this too.
3. The lace applique of course.  It will need to match mine.  BUT my lace applique has a teeny tiny bit of glitz so I think I would send a picture of the applique with this and have them replicate the applique ... small rhinestone and small pearl and all.

Sadly, I will have to do the fondant because that is what will make it all smooth - but I guess I will live for an amazing cake.  Now fingers crossed the baker does not tell me I am over budget on the cake.

How amazing is that cake?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Have you searched for lace cakes on Pinterest? OMG - I just did after reading this. Some of them are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete