Saturday, May 7, 2011

Favorite Things.

A few weeks back I saw a blog about a runner’s favorite things and since my blog this year has navigated SO far from the running and working out world (since I have not done a lot of running this calendar year. oi) I decided to steal this and tell the world about my favorite running things … when I am running.

Brooks PR Mesh Skirts.  They're airy and short {I like short running things} and breathable and just darn cute.  Oh and the “underwear”  doesn't chafe or really ride up.  There is a zipper pocket on the back that I can throw a key in. Sometimes, when I am lucky I can find them for super cheap on 6pm.com .. other times I have to pay pretty much full price, but it is 100% worth it.

The Stick & Foam Roller.  Those little contraptions works out all the kinks on my legs. This probably sounds loony, but whenever my legs are starting to feel tired and heavy I spend some quality time with those 2 things and I tend to bounce right back.  I also swear by the foam roller the night before the race.

Joyful Bath Bath Salts. I hate ice baths. They’re miserable. But I always would take the ice bath with epsom salts.  But, once I was introduced to Joyful Bath the ice baths didn’t get any better, but the scents and how they work made them like .01% more manageable.

Pure Barre. When I first started I wondered if/how it could make me stronger, but after a month of going my core and legs are much stronger. and both things will help with my running. the only downside it that it is REALLY expensive so since my new member monthly perk has expired I can only afford to go once per week.

Amphipod AirFlow Lite Waist Pack. I use this only for my half marathons and marathons since it is kind of bigger. Though it is bigger and fanny pack like, it sits on my lower back and doesn’t really move {unless I have the whole world in it}  There is plenty of room for by blackberry, chapstick, keys, and GU chomps.

ReGen Recovery Milk.  I have tried everything from Athlete's Milk to Honey Milk but I could never stomach it.  They seemed so chalky and non milk like.  But I was introduced to ReGen thanks to the Marine Corps Marathon and it tastes just like milk.  It has earned the title of my post long run and post race beverage.

GU Chomps.  I cannot stomach the Gels.  Something about the texture makes me want to vomit.  But the chomps I do just fine with. I normally only need 1 package of them but they give me the little burst I need & I hate to say this…. but when I am dying at the office, they help wake me up too.  *you know you’re a runner when…*

Neutrogena Sport Wipes.  Theses bad boys are awesome for after a killer workout.  I carry them in my gym bag to quickly clean the dirt and sweat off my face after working out.  They’re clutch when I do a workout and then have to head back to the office.

And with that…. those are just a few of my favorites when it comes to working out, running, or being active.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty fabulous things. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete