Tuesday, May 10, 2011

200. have i really blogged 200 times.

so i have entertained you now with 200 blog posts and this little thing has evolved from 100% running to a bunch of nonsence mixed in with running. for the 200th post i am going to share in the same fashion as blog number 100.  SO thanks for following and supporting me and being awesome.

10 random things about me
1. for awhile there i was overly obsessed with cupcakes. i think i overdid it - they kinda have lost their luster to me. put one in front of me, yes, i will eat it ... but no longer will i go out of my way for a little cake.
2. i got engaged in july. yay. my ring has always been a little big. i really need to get it sized. it fits perfectly on my index finger... but it just looks funny when i wear it there. :o)
3. at some point i became boring and have learned that i like staying in on a weekend and realized that i love all things crate and barrell and love kitchen accessories. i am 26. i need to find my young side gain.
4. if i could, i would leave my christmas tree up 365 days a year.  ...but i REALLY need to get a christmas tree skirt!!
5. i am perfectly content sitting on my couch watching old episodes of TV shows. I love discovering shows that I had heard about but never really watched. Gilmore Girls for example... sucks me in.
6. i do not wear my engagement ring on the weekends unless i am going somewhere. i have no idea why i do this, but i do.
7. medieval times could be one of my most favorite places. it could be my disney world. not only did i get engaged there, but the whole production is just fun.
8. i have the oddest obsession with wrapping paper and i love wrapping presents. sometimes when i get bored, i reorganized my wrapping paper storage bin thing.
9. i always thought that my to do list book journal thing was something only i did.  i carry it everywhere with me and the list grows by the minute. then i learned my mom does the same thing. ....i guess you really do turn into your mother.
10. i often have to fight back urges to do cartwheels and forward rolls.


10 things I am looking forward to...
1. my wedding. march 24, 2012 :o)
2. registering for wedding presents, getting grown up things, and getting to donate all our cheap cups and stuff to goodwill
3. june 22 2011 - new kids on the block / backstreet boys concert.  the last new kids concert i went to was amazing ... add BSB, oh it is going to be SO much fun.
4. buying a house (not renting) with an awesome kitchen so i can buy so many awesome kitchen things with a good backyard for my demon dog.  {i have settled for now, on a cute rental house with both awesome and awkward qualities}
5. having babies! or baby ... depending on how painful the 1st one is!! but no kids till at least 2014!!
6. My bachelorette party in Savannah over St. Patrick's Day weekend. 
7. The holidays.  I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and the holiday season.
8. Finding a work life balance and the motivation to workout.
9. going home in july and being able to actually take a vacation.
10. my honeymoon. hopefully to costa rica.


10 thing i covet and want so badly... and what i want to do with it
1. a little more time in the day. i would hang out with kyle more, run more, read more, enjoy life just a little bit more.
2. a personal trainer, a chef, and a personal shopper so i can be utterly fabulous all the time.
3. a pair of alabama boot slippers. big gaudy and awful but so amazing at the same time. our floors are cold. my feet freeze.
4. awesomely amazing patio furniture for our screened in porch. i would love to sit out there and drink wine, listen to the rain, and read ... and to have dinner on the porch!
5. a new toyota 4runner or jeep grand cherokee. black please. 4 wheel drive is a must. to drive. duh.
6. a pair of burberry rainboots and i want to wear them to the office on jeans friday with skinny jeans when it rains. nothing screams professionalism like nova check rain boots. i die.
7. a $3000 treadmill. (which for the record, i will never ever own). these are super similar to the treadmills used at blast900 and i love the ease of the inclines and i LOVE how this one connects to real life trails.  (it was on sale for $2000 around the holidays...)
8. a pair of hunter rain boots (yes i want 2 pairs of rainboots) ... and i want to wear these to the office too on rainy days. but i cannot decide on a color.
9. season tickets to alabama football. this needs no explanation.
10. a vacation. to the mountains. where there is no cell service. so i can disappear and decompress.


10 things i am super thankful for
1. my super supportive and awesome family
2. kyle j. and his carefree personality
3. waking up every day. the sunrise and sunsets.
4. that my parents paid for my college education. i hear about people and their student loans all the time, i could not imagine having that sort of burden. i like that i am 26 and debt free.
5. our awesome neighbors, even though they are supporters of the university of auburn (as nick saban likes to call auburn).
6.  my crazy awesome friends and their raw honesty
7. that i understand the concept of a dollar and not living outside my means.
8. the company i work for, the people i work with, and that i love coming to work every day.
9. good runs and bad runs. long runs and short runs. hard workouts on bad days and easy workouts  ... each one is my moment to be alone and clear my head.
10. 5:00 PM on Friday.

10 pet peeves/things that irk me
1. people who create their own parking spots
2. vanity license plates (i once saw a plate that said "atthelake" and my thoughts were no sir, you are not on the lake, you're in rush hour traffic on peachtree)
3. speaker phone and people who take their calls on speaker phone
4. slow drivers in the left hand lane. slow drivers in general.
5. voicemails that are longer than 30 seconds
6. spam emails and eblast marketing emails... don't email me unless it is important.
7. inconsistency.
8. when the weather gets nice and then gets cold again and then it is nice and then it is cold. weather, make up your mind.
9. people who think they're entitled to anything and everything.
10. when people copy & paste other people's tweets for facebook statuses.  they think they're all funny and witty, but really they're lame and unfunny.  if see your status or tweet and think where have i seen that it does not make me laugh again, but go on a scavenger hunt to see where you stole it.  you plagerizer.


10 things i really really want to do
1. go to costa rica and zipline over the rain forest and hike next to the waterfalls.
2 ride in a hot air balloon
3. watching alabama win a national championship.... in person.
4. own a house with a great backyard and kitchen
5. swim with dolphins
6. know that i have touched just 1 person's life in a positive way
7. take a running tour of washington dc ... or any city for that matter.
8. volunteer with habitat for humanity
9. take more time for myself to do whatever. sleep in. read a book for hours. run.
10. be so good at the wii that i do not always lose to Kyle!!!

10 things i love
1. my little family and our little house on the hill.   ....and my big family in Virginia
2. websites like groupon and half depot. $15 for $30 worth of sushi. $35 for 2 rooms to be professionally steam cleaned. $7 to for 2 rounds of mini golf. don't mind if i do.
3. long dinners and happy hours with good friends
4. a good mind clearing, soul searching run.
5. my bridal party.
6. tuscaloosa on a game weekend. the excitement, the energy, all the ROLL TIDES and the food.
7. good quotes that make you think and make you write them down
8. random phone calls from friends i have not talked to in awhile and long phone conversations with good friends
9. my wedding dress.
10. when a guy opens my door.  it makes me think that chivalry is not dead.

and there you have it. i am now even more of an open book than i was before.

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Also, I don't think I will ever not be obsessed with cupcakes. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 200! Don't fight the urge to cartwheel...it's gotta be good for you.

    ReplyDelete