Thursday, March 31, 2011

three things thursday.

i thought yesterday was thursday. news flash to me: it wasn't. don't you just hate when you're a day ahead of yourself and you then realize you're one day farther away from the weekend. oi.
1.  Have you heard of this "trash the dress" thing.  I think it is insane.  insane I tell you.  It is when you get married and then trash your dress after the dust has settled.  My good friend and co-worker suggested we do this after my wedding and the thought horrifies me.  And no, I am not exaggerating.  But I LOVE my dress. It is so ivory and pretty and wonderful and the bustle is great and fun and I have not been able to stop thinking about it since I chose it.  I want to wear it while watching TV once I actually am able to take it home (seriously, it probably shouldn't be housed in my house or I may just slip it on from time to time) and then I want to wear it just because after the wedding is over.  It is just so so so pretty and amazing and I love it.  Why oh why would you ever trash your wedding dress?!
2.  Atlanta has a SERIOUS jay walking problem.  And I went to college and in college kids are dumb and do stupid things, but they still seem to find the cross walk.  I don't know, but every day I am baffled by the amount of people who just cross the road where ever rather than walking 20 feet to a cross walk.  And 7 times of out 10 they're diagonally walking in the direction of a cross walk, so they could have used one. I really do think that these people have a death wish, because when they're strolling across peachtree during rush hour trying to get to the mcdonalds I just can't help but think... you're trying to get killed!!  The CRAZY thing is, I work with a girl whose friend was jaywalking.  The friend got hit by a car (no worries, she is fine), but get this THE FRIEND, WHO WAS JAYWALKING was ticketed and had to pay her own hospital bill and to get the dent out of the car that hit her.  So BAM, there you go, you mr. or mrs. jaywalker won't get a penny of my cash money if i accidentally hit you.  which i hope i don't because that would scar me for life. but please, find a yellow cross walk. stat.
3. I am still "shamelessly" plugging my friend Mitzi for Georgia's Woman of the year campaign benefiting LLS.  If you want to donate and support her, that would be fabulous and appreciated.  All donations are 100% tax deductible and the proceeds benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Each dollar donated = one vote and who ever has the most "votes" wins. And, Mitzi is really competitive so she has to win. You can donate by clicking HERE ... if you're in Georgia I have 2 things for you. 1) if you want a killer work out, one of Mitzi's girls is organizing Saturday morning boot camps for the last 4-5 weeks of the fundraising.  $10 for a butt kicking and the money goes straight to her campaign **more details to come and I WILL be there each Saturday!** and 2) want a fun night on the town - you can go to the Grand Finale party at the Loews Hotel in Midtown on Saturday, June 4, 2011 6:00 PM.  Tickets are $125 and be sure to credit Mitzi!! Think about it....

2 comments:

  1. Atlanta does have a serious jaywalking problem. A student was jaywalking at Georgia State a few years ago and the car turning the corner caught a hold of his coat somehow and dragged him down Courtland Street. Young man lost his life. That area is soo dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, The Trash The Dress Thing- most ppl buy a second dress is my understanding! My best friend bought a $100 wedding dress form David's Bridal just for TTD. She and her Husband jumped into a pool in it. Great. I know I want to do something funky and wild and like you wouldn't dare destroying my dress. I'm going to buy a cheap dress!

    ReplyDelete