Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Peachtree Roadrace -- why oh why

I said I wouldn't do it again since it is so crowded and you end up walking for the 1st mile and having to dodge people who just jump in the course half way just to get the infamous shirt, but for some odd reason I said what the heck and put my name in the lottery system this morning.

The Peachtree Roadrace is an Atlanta "tradition" that I ran for the 1st time last year and (may) do again this year should I get in.  Why I am going to put myself through the frustration of an overly crowded 10k race again where 75% of the people participating do it just to do it and get a COTTON tee-shirt, I do not know.

If you're interested in putting your name in the lottery you can do so HERE 

2 comments:

  1. Ha - I ask myself the same thing every year.... why do I do this to myself? I always end up being frustrated.

    Running near the front is a little better, but not much better.

    I think I do it for the tradition. Last year was the first year I ran it with one of my daughters (who beat me) and this year both my daughters will run (and beat me I am sure)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure be running it-got in with the ATC early. I will agree with the insanity. Last year was my first year running it, and for some reason I liked the craziness-but I wasn’t really running for time. We’ll see how this year goes!

    ReplyDelete