Monday, March 28, 2011

2011 Peachtree Roadrace - not gonna happen

I put myself in the lottery a few weeks back to just see what would happen.  If I got in - fine, whatever, it is a 10k and a reason to run and train.  If I didn't get in - no biggie, it is overly crowded with people who don't get in the right corral, volunteers who do not monitor who is entering what corral, people who have numbers who jump in the race at mile 3 or whatever, and you're pretty much dodging people who are just doing it for the shirt the whole 6.2 miles.

Well... today we learned via email if we were in or out this year.  And my fate?  I was not in.  I got the email this morning and for me, it really is not that big of a deal.  Kyle and I had talked about heading home to DC to see our family that weekend if I didn't get in.  So the positive outlook:  I am sure I can find an awesome race up there.  Heck, it is the nation's capital!!  But I do feel bad for the runners out there who did not get in, who look forward to this race EVERY year and they're unable to run it but someone who just wants to casually stroll Peachtree for a shirt will get the experience.

Now... I could go on for awhile about that, but I won't.  But to all those who got into the Peachtree 2011, best of luck - get training for Cardiac Hill!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in the same boat only I didn't even put my name in for the lottery. My friend, Michelle, and I ran it last year. It was fun, but I get way too claustrophobic for that mess. And since I didn't want it badly enough, I didn't want to take away from anyone else. Excited for everyone else who gets to enjoy it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do they have a lottery for it? I've never heard of it so I was just wondering. I'm assuming it's kind of a big deal or something.

    ReplyDelete