Sunday, October 10, 2010

tracking chicago runners

Today I tried to track about 5 runners via text message as they ran the Chicago Marathon.  The ranged from 1 first timer (who happens to b a good friend from college who just wanted to beat Oprah's Marathon time), another 1st timer (who just didn't want to die), and 3 seasoned marathoners.  My friend ending up not beating Oprah's time but I am still so so so proud of him! He did so well with a finishing time of 04:47:13!  And my friend from high school finished her 1st marathon in 5:29:18.  congrats to them both on their 1st's! I heard it was really hot up there too so super big congrats!

Technology is crazy cool and I loved being able to track them as they crossed different mile markers.  (and cheer people on via text message and twitter as they hit different points) My phone tracking ended up not working so I sat in front of the TV, gross from my run, watching the chicago marathon website.  I think by the end of it all I was tracking about 7 people since I just kept remembering more people who were running.  Needless to say, I lost most of my Sunday but it was well worth it.

As they were running 26.2 I ran about 5.52 of awfulness. My legs failed me today and my football team failed me Saturday I learned that I need to be spending a lot of time with my foam roller and stretching in the weeks so come. As well as drinking a lot a lot a lot of water since I will blame a lot of the badness on dehydration.

congrats to call the Chicago marathon finishers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment