Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Off to DC I go (tomorrow)

After @bemadthem (Lisa. From Twitter) ran the Chicago Marathon and PR'd in not so ideal weather conditions she tweeted something simple and wise.

"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome."

And with that said, I am flying out to DC tomorrow and there is nothing more that I can do other than lay low, keep my legs loose and rested, hydrate hydrate hydrate, eat mucho carbs, sleep well, and mentally prepare for my marathon on Sunday.  I have to trust my training and my ability to finish. i know for a fact i can do it. it is just about being mentally tough come Sunday morning and ignoring the voices in my head. as i mentioned on sunday, i know i can do this... now it just up to me 110% believing that on race day and praying for a GREAT race.

I am looking forward to finishing my 2nd marathon this Sunday... I am going to fight to get across that bridge and you know what, i know i can.  "our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"

8 comments:

  1. You go Barbie!! You can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to rock the socks off of this marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Lady!!!! We will be cheering virtually for you, ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is going to be perfect for you on Sunday and it is going to be a great day! You'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete