Sunday, October 24, 2010

1 week out.

I am 1 week out from my 2nd marathon.  The weather looks like it is going to be gorgeous. Per the 10 day forecast we're looking at a high of 64 with a 10% chance of rain. I will be watching weather.com like a hawk this week.

Race outfit picked out. black running skirt. teal lululemon tank. gray long sleeve frat party shirt will be my throw away. no rain jacket since i can deal with 10% rain. race number pinned on skirt. OH my race number is 17221 (that's for you jen). you can evidently track me online... learn how to here. There is no runner tracking text messaging service this year which is crappy since that is how my parents tracked me at Disney so who knows how they're gonna do it now. BOO Marine Corps BOO.

I am actually getting kind of excited for this (with a mix of nerves). One of my favorite twitter people said he would run back to mile 21/22 and run me into the finish so I can have company. And I am actually thinking I can and will beat that bridge.

and I will leave you with this. I saw it on DailyMile this morning and loved it so I wanted to share it with you......

"Whatever. There are no tricks. Run because you have to. Run because you love it. Run because you want to be fast. Run because you want to be skinny. Run to find some quiet time. Run to sweat. Run to eat. Run hear your heart pound in your ears. Run because you're a runner. Run because you gotta keep the streak. Run because you don't know why the hell you're running. Run because you fought with your partner. Run because your job is shitty. Run because you got no money. Run for the sunrise. Run for a race. Run because it's impossible. Run because it's easy. Run instead of doing the laundry. Run instead of watching TV. Run because no one else understands. Run because the cool kids do it. Run because you're tired of talking. run for numbers. Run for feel. Run to prove something. Run because it f**ing hurts. Or don't run. If you got something better to do." - Jeff Edmonds


4 comments:

  1. LOVE that quote! Good luck next weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I love that quote!!!! There are so many reasons to run... Sorry that there's no tracking at Marine Corps this year...boo is right! Take it easy this week...It's almost time to tackle the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I'm getting so excited for you, Barbie! I just downloaded the iPhone app, now I just need to figure out how it works :)

    And that quote is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the jeff edmonds stuff!! looking forward to seeing your second batch of marathon victory pictures. enjoy the taper!!

    ReplyDelete